the name on my account
jazzshaman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Over two years ago, Verizon put another name on my account. Every time I call about any issue I have to justify why I am calling about issues on someone elses computer. I explain (as you might imagine, with less and less patience over two years) that it is and has always been my account, no one elses, and I have done all short of begging that this very simple matter be put to rest. Anyone else have this problem?

Re: the name on my account
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

If you want the name on your account changed, you need to talk to Billing, not Tech Support. Tech support doesn't have write access to that kind of information. That said, Billing should have no trouble getting you fixed up. 🙂

Verizon!
whizzer4

I totally understand what you are going through!!!!  2 yrs ago verizon did the same thing to me but actually deleted my whole account and left me without internet.  When i had called verizon and gave them my internet phone number to see what was going on, they were told me it wasn't my number but someone elses number.  This isnt even the best part...they actually gave my internet account to another person and put his name and address on the account but kept my credit card information on the account and my email address!!!!  I was upset!!!!    I did get a new account after a couple of months because i was so mad.  I was able to keep my email address.  Now about 3 days ago my email address was cancelled.  So, I called verizon to reactivate my email address because all my bills, credit information, business cards use this email address.  After hours of being on the phone with them, they tell me that they can't reactivate my email address because its under another person's name.  This problem now goes back to when they gave this other person my account but all my information was still on the account.  You would think that they would see that they are the ones who made the mistake and the email is mine.  I'm so upset with verizon, I could seriously scream.  Verizon isn't good to do business with.  They don't listen to you as a customer.  We pay for our service and we expect to be treated with respect and for verizon employees to know their job.  Now because of them I lost out on money with my business cards and mail that has been sent to my email. 

**bleep** off customer

0 Likes