treatment of long term customers
tracye1
Enthusiast - Level 1

it just steams me to see Verizon constantly offering services to new customers and not taking care of long term valued customers.  The latest offering of free multi-room DVR for the life of your contract is justg one example.  As a long time valued customer I do not qualfiy for this offer unless I pay for it, but if I terminate my Verizon account for 30 days then I am treated as a new customer and lots of free offers are then offeered to me.  Treat all customers alike!

Re: treatment of long term customers
ssiken
Enthusiast - Level 1

AMEN !

0 Likes
rrs49
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being dismissed at a Verizon outlet, and after beating up on a call center rep for nearly an hour, I was told I will receive a $20 monthly credit on my bill for twelve months as an offset to the free DVR offer.  I will look forward to seeing my bill next month to see if it actually happens.  Then, next year, I guess I will have to do something else.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

I actually received a $10 credit promised.

I have to ask the question though..... Does your local cable company treat long term customers the same or do they get special treatment. I know my local cable provider doesn't do anything for a long term customer except raise rates.  My neighbor just finished their $99 triple play package and now pays $150 for the same service.  That cable provider wont budge on price or discounts.  My neighbor said he was going to look into FIOS and the operator said ok you go do that and let us know what they say.  So much for customer loyalty from the "other folks".

I felt Verizon did the right think by giving a credit!!!!!

tlcpoodles

So far I have seen no sense of Verizon caring for it's customers who pay their bills.  My actual life is in danger and Verizon could help by simply writing a letter verifying the number of times I've paid my bill on time in the last 12 months.  And after many many hours of begging them for help, they all refuse.

If Verizon doesn't care about a customers very life, I seriously doubt they care about pleasing existing customers.  They just want our money.

0 Likes
KSQ1

Hope you received that in writing! Verizon is notorious for saying one thing and doing another. Best of luck to you.

0 Likes
davidson

Boy am I glad that I am not the only long time customer that feels the same way.  Before calling and complaining I figured I would try the e-mail route.  I am constantly bombarded with deals from Cablevision (Optimum) to switch with all kinds of incentives.  I am happy with Verizon and your service, but am upset that this free Multi-Room DVR for life was not offered to good customers who pay their bills on time and tells friends and associated that Verizon is the way to go.  Let me know what Verizon can and will do, I would hate to leave because of this.  In this economy paying a monthly bill over $300 is hard to take.  I await your reply.

Leo

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at:
http://www.verizon.com/contactus

0 Likes
davidson

so, I get to speak to 2 agents, #1 can't do anything for loyal long time customers, transfers me to retention office who informs me I have outdated service (which I am happy with), and tries to sell me something more expensive.  I guess long term and loyalty means nothing to Verizon.  And all I ask is for the same deal that they are offering new customers, free multi-room DVR for life..

0 Likes
mayswitchsoon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same unsatisfactory experience in trying to convince Vz to extend the original promotions. Obviously, bonuses are paid to executives based on reaching goals for new customer acquisition rather than customer retention. 

There are costs to losing customers, even if those customers return for new promotions. Perhaps the stockholders need to weigh in on these practices.

0 Likes