triple play offer, double pay scam..
magnagreg

signed up online aug 6th 2014 for triple play, unable to choose package i already have for phone(cheap). was given only regional and freedom essentals options. checked the cheaper of the two and regular high speed internet as well as direct tv package.(save 5 bucks month for this). got emails that day and next  about voice service and call forwarding being set up (no dirct tv intall date).waited , called verizon the next day aug 8th, and talked with Tonya.. She was polite and seemed helpfull.. found out i was signed up for international calling( dont remember seeing that option) as well as voice mail and call forwarding. I CANCELLED all three of them..she did actually sign me up for the freedom long distance package at 56.99.. since i was paying 64.99 under local residence this should be cheaper and she agreed. I want ahead and had her turn off voice mail and call forwarding and changed internet service to enhanced.. ok that part done.. now why hasn't direct tv called me?  she had me call direct tv myself.. ok called and they could see my order but thats about it.. had to go thru the whole process again with sales agent and sign up(AGAIN).. well this actually turned out to be a blessing.. after reading all the horror stories about out of controll bills  from direct tv passed though verizon to customers..glad it ended up this way...*****ATTENTION PEOPLE****** DO NOT SIGN UP FOR DIECT TV THOUGH VERIZON!!!! any way direct tv installed dish and all is well.. well untill i got my bill fiorm verizon.. $152 bucks, what???  called verizon imediately.sept 9th 2014 talked to Megell.. again polite and seemed helpful.. went over my bill and told me i was charged a 24.99 one time fee for change in service..OK... thats not on bill.. I explained what i ordered and what i was expecting the bill to be.. about 90 bucks.. I cant believe that they expect me to pay $152  for just phone and internet!!!...double charges for voice mail(dont have), call waiting(dont have), international calls( didnt order, dont have) and community choice plan( didnt order) for $15.. megell said that they are part of $56.00 freedom long distance plan...he goes on and on about adding and subtracting each item and adding a pro-rate  for half month..and so on...ok so why is my bill high?.. he stops and says I have a pending order....OK...so  apparently its the double play package and order never went though. He Then explains that i will get a credit next month on my bill. So.. Im paying extra for your mistake.? he appologises and say he is unable to fix my bill..  SO this must be how verizon makes money now...orders that never got though, calling packages apearing on bill that were never ordered.. being signed up for things you dont want or need and just plain LIED to about price... .. unbelieveable...been a verizon customer for 20 years too.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: triple play offer, double pay scam..
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I am sorry about the account issues but I am here to help you out right now. This matter however does require additional account information. So I will be sending you a private message with a link to our click to chat.

Thanks

-GKC

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely not the expereince we want for our customers. Please use our secure chat (link below) at your convenience so we can assist with this.

https://collaborateext.verizon.com/aims/aims/SocialMediaSupport.jsp?ID=magnagregCustomerForums

Thanks,
 Francis

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, I am sorry about the account issues but I am here to help you out right now. This matter however does require additional account information. So I will be sending you a private message with a link to our click to chat.

Thanks

-GKC

0 Likes