verizon overbills for equipment i dont have & promised me services i couldnt receive
kiaramami
I am being overcharged for an hd dvr that i do not have. I called in a few months ago and the rep took all my information and said it will be researched. I waited to see an adjustment, never did. I chatted with a rep then called in. The rep claims i can only get 3 months of credit and she doesnt see any previous calls. Once again, i get punished because a verizon rep did not make proper notes on my account. I did my job of calling in, i cant make a verizon worker do their job properly. But yet I have to overpay for minimum services i receive. These cable companies are all scam artists.

I had an ultimate plan as well as an equipment bundle. I was not under a contract obligation. I started receiving promos for custom tv & 1 yr free prem channels. After a 3 hr call, a rep promised me a certain price and 1 yr prem channels. I repeated what she said to me several times. However, after receiving email confirmation, it was higher price than she told me and excluded prem channels. I called back next day, supervisor told me rep was wrong and i could not receive what she told me. When i told her i wanted to cancel that and go back to my services that i had the day before, she tried to talk me into staying in my contract. I would not stay with contract because it was not what i agreed to. I then was told i couldnt go back to my old plan and pricepoint because i was grandfathered in. I dont understand how i should be expected to stay in a contract when it was not what i agreed to nor do i have the option of going back to where i was at previously. If i have to hold up to my end of the contract, verizon should to. I also should not have to pay for equipement i dont have nor ever used!!!! It shouldnt matter how many months it has been. Verizon customers are tricked into these contracts everyday the same way i was. I just got screwed though because now i am stuck paying $160 for custom tv, total bill is close to 300 after being overcharged for equipment i dont have. Im so tired of spending so much time speaking with reps and supervisors who never take the time to correct an issue.

I am either switching to comcast or going without cable. All i need is wifi and Kodi! If you are tired of paying ovee 3k a yr just to be scammed out of grandfathered prices, i say cancel and live cable free. Just watch youtube on how to do it. Android boxes are as low as $35 on amazon.
0 Likes
Re: verizon overbills for equipment i dont have & promised me services i couldnt receive
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kiara527,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes