waiting for a supervisor for 5 hours 31 minutes
waitinginde
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on hold for 5 hours and 31 minutes waiting for a "supervisor".

Please don't tell me to hang up, because I've tried calling them back on my cell phone, and was told I should just stay on hold, since I'm in a 'que" and it's first come, first answered.

I've been waiting for a supervisor since the billing clerks, can not help me with my billing issue on my phone. I've sent an email but lord knows, when that will be answered.

For 5 hours now, I've been listening to their awful music and every few minutes the recording that says, someone will be right with me. How can a customer, mean so very little to Verizon?????

Thank goodness for speaker phones, since I can do my job, as I hold. Just hope the phone battery lasts as long as I do.

0 Likes
Re: waiting for a supervisor for 5 hours 31 minutes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hello waitinginde,

This is a peer to peer support forum where members help other members.  Perhaps if you could post your exact issue, one of your peers can assist you.

Regards,

KaLin

0 Likes
waitinginde
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for your response, but really, I don't think that my peers will correct the billing issue that I have. I can vent to my peers, but I was told by Verizon's billing clerk, that only a supervisor can solve my problem and here I wait, it's been 6 hours and 15 minutes now.

If I had the option to leave a message, I would have done that hours ago, but no, there is no option for that.

It figures that a phone company has a horrible phone system. I guess it's like a car mechanic, whose car never starts.

Pathetic, customer service.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Please post your issue here so that we may direct it to most appropriate source to assist you.

0 Likes
waitinginde
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I'm not going to post my billing issue here.  My issue now, is the fact that no one answered the phone, after being told I was being transferred to a "supervisor".

If you are a Verizon Administrator, why don't you go tell the billing dept, they have a real problem with their phone lines if they leave someone on hold for what ended up being 8 hours and 4 minutes. Not that the "supervisor" ever answered the phone at Verizon, but I eventually gave up. I guess that's what the "supervisor" wanted me to do, in the first place.

At this point, my billing issue is secondary. The fact that Verizon kept a customer on hold for 8 hours, is now a MAJOR issue with me and should be for any Verizon customer, who wants a simple request, taken care of.

I didn't come on this forum to talk about my billing issue, but rather the LACK OF RESPECT, that  Verizon has for their customers.

Hire more people for heaven's sake, if you can't take care of the call load.  There are plenty of people that are out of work that would work for Verizon.

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I think what the Mods are *trying* to say is that you aren't going to get through to any actual Verizon employees by posting here. While I suppose it might help you feel better to vent, you're not going to get any help with your billing issue on this peer-to-peer support forum. We simply don't have access to fix something like that.

And no, we can't do anything about your wait time on the phone, as much as we all wish we could.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually ... I believe what ElizabethS was saying is that they hear the person's plight and were willing to take the user's billing issue offline and try to get it addressed through their backchannels rather than have them stranded on the phone.    The OP can debate the length of time it's taking to answer the phone but that's not going to get the reason for the call in the first place addressed. Personally, I think they are lost on hold and not actually in a queue any longer -- happens from time to time as companies transfer people around -- and they really do need to hangup and call back in again, having their ticket number handy, and immediately asking for a supervisor).