Nest Protect Connectivity Issue with G1100 Router

Nest Protect Connectivity Issue with G1100 Router

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor Wawzy
Contributor
Message 1 of 5
(3,496 Views)

Upgraded to VZN Quantum G1100 router yesterday. Decided (unfortunately it appears) to change to VZN-assigned ESSID. Had no trouble reconnecting Dropcam Gen 1 to new network ID, but connecting two battery Nest Protect Gen 2's is proving challenging. Among other things over a couple of dozen attempts, I've rebooted router, turned down 5GHz (leaving only 2.4), upgraded Nest app on iPhone 6 to latest version, turned off cellular data, placed Protects within 5 feet of router, and checked password religiously. It continually fails when "Setting up interconnect" resulting in "Connection Error... P008". More than a dozen devices are live on this new router; the Nest Protects are the two remaining items to solve. Suggestions appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Message 2 of 5
(3,471 Views)

On a couple of occassions I needed it I found Nest's tech support very good.  I suggest you give them a call on the phone and describe your problem.  They may give you a solution.

Contributor DrKrizzle
Contributor
Message 3 of 5
(2,395 Views)

any answers?  I tried turning on IPv6 with no luck.  Might have to send them back. 

Contributor joanne2345
Contributor
Message 4 of 5
(2,214 Views)

Changing the Wifi Security from "WPA2/WPA mixed mode" to "WPA2" did the trick for me.

It's under Wireless Settings > Basic Security Settings > #4 Wifi Security

Moderator Moderator
Message 5 of 5
(1,158 Views)

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios