Nest Protect Connectivity Issue with G1100 Router
Wawzy

Upgraded to VZN Quantum G1100 router yesterday. Decided (unfortunately it appears) to change to VZN-assigned ESSID. Had no trouble reconnecting Dropcam Gen 1 to new network ID, but connecting two battery Nest Protect Gen 2's is proving challenging. Among other things over a couple of dozen attempts, I've rebooted router, turned down 5GHz (leaving only 2.4), upgraded Nest app on iPhone 6 to latest version, turned off cellular data, placed Protects within 5 feet of router, and checked password religiously. It continually fails when "Setting up interconnect" resulting in "Connection Error... P008". More than a dozen devices are live on this new router; the Nest Protects are the two remaining items to solve. Suggestions appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Nest Protect Connectivity Issue with G1100 Router
joanne2345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Changing the Wifi Security from "WPA2/WPA mixed mode" to "WPA2" did the trick for me.

It's under Wireless Settings > Basic Security Settings > #4 Wifi Security

View solution in original post

eljefe2
Master - Level 1

On a couple of occassions I needed it I found Nest's tech support very good.  I suggest you give them a call on the phone and describe your problem.  They may give you a solution.

0 Likes
DrKrizzle
Enthusiast - Level 2

any answers?  I tried turning on IPv6 with no luck.  Might have to send them back. 

0 Likes
joanne2345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Changing the Wifi Security from "WPA2/WPA mixed mode" to "WPA2" did the trick for me.

It's under Wireless Settings > Basic Security Settings > #4 Wifi Security

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes