Tell us what you like/dislike about our Voice Respone Unit
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our easy to remember national customer service number provides direct access to a variety of self service tools designed to address the most common customer questions or service requests including Ordering, Billing/Payments and Support.

Examples of tools available through our Interactive Voice Response tool include:
• Ordering
o Check FiOS availability
o Learn the status of an order
o Order Pay Per View
• Billing
o Check your balance
o Make a payment
o Sign-up for automatic paperless billing
o Get bill copies
• Support
o Get technical support
o Report service issues
o Check repair status

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Tell us what you like/dislike about our Voice Respone Unit
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No real complaints about the Voice Response system. One thing I can offer as to a suggestion though, would be to cut down on the voice prompts that occur after you've gone through the selections. A good example of this is for lines such as those under Small Business accounts. I believe every single time I've called up to ask about a repair, after entering in the phone number and tapping 2 twice for Telephone Support > Repair, it'll say it'd like to try and help me, and then right after that it would say an agent would be of better help. Perhaps changing things around slightly so that such a case won't happen, that way if I go through the same process again of calling Telephone Repair, it will immediately say "Hold on while I transfer you to an agent." If I'm calling from a line that for example, has self-help tips that can be offered (such as testing out at the NID in the case of DSL prompts), those can certainly stay. It's just the unneeded prompts that are currently there when it's going to be an automatic transfer to an agent regardless.

0 Likes
Re: Tell us what you like/dislike about our Voice Respone Unit
Patrick_Smith
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Smith6612 wrote:

No real complaints about the Voice Response system. One thing I can offer as to a suggestion though, would be to cut down on the voice prompts that occur after you've gone through the selections. A good example of this is for lines such as those under Small Business accounts. I believe every single time I've called up to ask about a repair, after entering in the phone number and tapping 2 twice for Telephone Support > Repair, it'll say it'd like to try and help me, and then right after that it would say an agent would be of better help. Perhaps changing things around slightly so that such a case won't happen, that way if I go through the same process again of calling Telephone Repair, it will immediately say "Hold on while I transfer you to an agent." If I'm calling from a line that for example, has self-help tips that can be offered (such as testing out at the NID in the case of DSL prompts), those can certainly stay. It's just the unneeded prompts that are currently there when it's going to be an automatic transfer to an agent regardless.

Excellent - We are actually doing a lot of work to streamline our Voice Response tool to reduce the number of prompts and to simplify the flows.  You will start to see some of these improvements being introduced in the next few weeks and over the course of the year.

I will take your specific recommendations back to our design and development teams.  

Thanks again - I really appreciate  your recommendations.