quick menu

Home phone

Contributor Home2710
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(9,571 Views)

Static in the line as well as others on the line, I can hear them talking as we'll as them hearing me..

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor Ridzert_JH
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(9,501 Views)
We lost power for about 2 hours and the battery back up system did not work. There was no dial tone and no lights on our digital phone! Is this a defect in the system or install?
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(9,442 Views)

@Ridzert_JH wrote:
We lost power for about 2 hours and the battery back up system did not work. There was no dial tone and no lights on our digital phone! Is this a defect in the system or install?

If this is FiOS, for the battery backup to supply you with phone service you need a wired phone (always great to have in an emergency), or a cordless phone with an auxilary battery in the base station to power the service. FiOS's Battery backup won't run a cordless phone otherwise.

Contributor davegior
Contributor
Message 4 of 4
(9,431 Views)

Smith6612 wrote:

If this is FiOS, for the battery backup to supply you with phone service you need a wired phone (always great to have in an emergency), or a cordless phone with an auxilary battery in the base station to power the service. FiOS's Battery backup won't run a cordless phone otherwise.

_______________________________________________________________________________

All I got was a busy signal on my hard wire phones

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios