quick menu

Information on Credit for Loss of Service due to Hurricane Sandy

Information on Credit for Loss of Service due to Hurricane Sandy

Silver Contributor I
Silver Contributor I
Message 1 of 4
(9,248 Views)

Hi All-

Verizon is offering credit to all those who lost services due to Hurricane Sandy as well as waiving fees associated with equipment replacements. In order to get credited, you must report an issue. If you haven't done so yet, you can do so by going to Verizon.com/repair and following the proper steps there.

In addition, Verizon Wireless will be crediting customers for voice and text overages for customers in New York and New Jersey counties affected by Hurricane Sandy. For additional information regarding wireless credits, please see http://t.co/yexyu10T

I hope that helps!

-Heather

3 REPLIES 3
Contributor glamfan
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(9,294 Views)

Hi, I lost service due to Hurricane Sandy. I have no dial tone or internet and would like to report the issue to get credited. When I go to verizon.com/repair, and submit my number, I get the following message:

We have detected an Outage in Your Area
Based on your account information we have identified the phone outage affecting your area:

Verizon is committed to resolving this outage by : 12/08/2012 00:00 EST 

Would you like to be notified?
If you would like to be notified when this outage has been resolved, select Next.

Then, when I click Next, and submit a number to be notified, I get the following:

The network was unable to process your information. To better serve your technical needs, please call Verizon customer service at 1-800-VERIZON(1-800-837-4966).

Thank you for being a Verizon customer. We appreciate your valued business.

So I am unable to report the issue, as you suggest, by going to verizon.com/repair and using your online Troubleshooter.  Also, when I click on Create New Repair Request, nothing happens. Pleae tell me how i am supposed to report the issue and get credited, when none of your online systems allow me to do that. I have no other phone, so would like to find out how to report my lack of service online and get credited. Many thanks for telling me how to do that.

Copper Contributor chipchristian
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(9,226 Views)

Not working!  Tells me to call the 800 number

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 4 of 4
(8,885 Views)

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios