quick menu

No Dial Tone When will it get fixed

No Dial Tone When will it get fixed

Contributor NO_DIAL_TONE
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(9,217 Views)

Hello-

Any idea when I will get my dial tone back?  My Fios Internet works, My fios tv works. The phone simply has dead air. The panel has been rebooted numerous times. The box was disconnected from the power and the phone still goes to the "you are on the phone" ring. There is something wrong with the central station.

3 REPLIES
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 2 of 4
(9,199 Views)

Have you tried plugging into the test jacks found on the ONT? You should be able to reach them inside of the customer access portion (Flathead screwdriver) section of the ONT. Also, have you checked to see if the POTS light is lit? If it's lit, something is causing your line to go off the hook or something else is wrong.

Contributor NO_DIAL_TONE
Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(9,165 Views)

I have a phone pluged into the panel. I DISCONNECTED the wires to the house wiring. There is nothing connected !!! I have a phone plugged into the test jack. I have rebooted the box a number of times

Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 4 of 4
(9,152 Views)

Got it.

If you have a neighbor with a working phone line, see if you can borrow their phone to call Verizon and ask about having them check your equipment out for any faults, and to re-provision the ONT to where it should be with phone service. They should also be able to tell you if there is a known problem with the switch.

If you don't prefer to use a neighbor's phone, if you have a good microphone on your computer and you have a Google account, you can call Verizon using Google Voice from within GMail. It should be a free call still, until the end of the year. Failing that, Verizon does have a Live Chat page which you can reach by visiting their "Contact Us" link found at the bottom of the page, or you can click on "Request Repair" on the website which may also work.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios