quick menu

No service after Sandy

No service after Sandy

Contributor chip19091
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(7,887 Views)

My power is back after Sandy, but no home phone or internet service. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Contributor khj
Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(7,818 Views)

The power  is back but then I tried calling using the phone and it doesn't work, I tried connecting to the internet wirelessly. I see my network on the list and it connects but when I tried typing a website going entering it does not work. I used Verizon In-Home Agent and it tells me Your PC cannot connect to Verizon Modem. The internet light on my modem is off and my DSL is flashing green. Does this mean that I have to get it fixed or Verizon is still recovering?

Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 3 of 3
(7,795 Views)

Until that DSL light stops flashing, you can not use your DSL Connection.

In my case:

#1 Power came back around 11:30 AM Tuesday.

#2 Phone Service restored 15 minutes latter (and DSL Light stopped flashing on the DSL modem).

#3 Internet Service restored some time late Friday night / early Saturday morning.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios