quick menu

Phone Service down due to Hurricane Sandy

Phone Service down due to Hurricane Sandy

Contributor mayac
Contributor
Message 1 of 9
(15,835 Views)

Dear Verizon,

It has been almost a month since Sandy hit. In my building, there are close to 100 apartments with seniors who have been without any phone service since late October. When we call you, you tell some of us that service will be restored by November 28th. You tell others it will be Dec 5th. You tell others that they should switch to your more expensive Fios service if they want their phone service restored. You keep sending me e-mails telling me how you are helping in the storm. I keep seeing commercials where you tout how you are there for us during these difficult times. You tell us we have to pay our current bills, when we have had no service and that when it is restored, we have to call you to get credit for the lack of service because you will not automatically credit us.

I have a cell phone but most of my senior neighbors do not. In case of emergency, they can only yell for help in hopes that someone will hear them. Pardon my frankness, but can you take some of that money you are spending on pretty e-mails and fancy commercials and fix our phones tomorrow?

Many thanks,
George, President
Westbeth Artists Residents Council
8 REPLIES
Contributor bobbyjoanne
Contributor
Message 2 of 9
(15,706 Views)

bravo..great post, I had been dealing with the same thing here in Moonachie, NJ. phone lines FIANALLY came back on 3 days ago...to late for me as the same day we switched over to Time Warner Calbe triple play...for now anyway, I got the run around for the whole month..they better not bill me or my hubby will go nuts Man Mad hope u got your phone service back now too..it  was a horrible storm no doubt but Verizon shoulda been more direct and helpful with thier answers. Only once nice lady, Stacy called to check in on us and send crews out here to fix our land lines..they were trying to get all of us to go FIOS I think??

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 3 of 9
(15,612 Views)

Mayac,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

Tonya D.

Contributor sandyts
Contributor
Message 4 of 9
(15,544 Views)

Excellent post! I, too have been without phone service since the storm. I thought it was back Thanksgiving week when I had a dial tone but I couldn't receive calls. Then the dial tone went off again. Then a week later, someone came by & tried to talk me into upgrading to Fios which I would not be able to afford for long. I just want my landline service back! At least I didn't lose my DSL service. I am located in hard hit Hoboken, NJ on the west side. I can't continue to pay for a service I'm not receiving, I tried to report the problem to get credit through the link provided on this site but I don't think it went through.  I hope the technicians are working on this, I have seen a lot of trucks in the area but it isn't helping me! If I don't get my service back soon, I'll have to find another provider elsewhere!

Thanks.

Contributor needphone
Contributor
Message 5 of 9
(15,318 Views)

I am also in the same situation as you. I do not know what to know. My phone service has been down since the storm and the customer service representatives keep telling me to upgrade to the FIOS service, which will definitely cost more than what I am paying. This is a classic upsell on customers in times of financial distress. 

People who try to call me on my home line, tell me that all they get is a busy signal. I sent a repair status in the first week of November and they said a technician was on it. No updates, no changes in repair status. Nothing. To top it off, I see that I got a bill for phone service which I have never used. This is the right place to ask for help? All I get when I call is that someone will be there to fix it and they understand that there is an outage or problem. Then please upgrade your service to FIOS for faster service.

Contributor maxli
Contributor
Message 6 of 9
(15,275 Views)

Same here, has been down since Sandy, everytime I call, they say it'll be fix next week. Neither phone nor DSL works, but verizon just keep billing me.

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 7 of 9
(15,120 Views)

maxli,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 8 of 9
(15,056 Views)

needphone,

Since we haven't heard back from you or have received a form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

Anthony_VZ

**If someones post has helped you, please acknowledge their assistance by clicking the red thumbs up button to give them Kudos. If you are the original poster and any response gave you your answer, please mark the post that had the answer as the solution**

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or plan

Contributor savevas
Contributor
Message 9 of 9
(14,947 Views)
Anthony_VZ could you be of assistance to me? I am having the same issue as these people and it is now MARCH. Verizon bills keep piling up and I am not receiving ANY services.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios