quick menu

Post Sandy misery

Post Sandy misery

Copper Contributor RamblingSid
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(9,033 Views)

I though we would have our service restored today.  We have been out since a tree took out the wires during Sandy.  The first Saturday following the outage a tech came to the house, confirmed there was a break in the wire and left.  Then about a week and half past, the on Veterans day a whole convoy of Verizon trucks descended on our road, they fixed the wife at the poll and then departed.  Yesterday (Tuesday 11/13) Verizon came to our house again, checked the NIC box and went off to check other things.  They came back and said that our pair was damaged and they were switching us to another pair.  All well and good, they messed around with the NIC again and told me that it would be restored in a couple of hours when they swapped over at the sub station.  This morning dawned and still no service so drove 8 miles to our library and checked the repair status via the website.  Found there was no ticket so assumed that they had switched while I was out.  Went back home but found the same state of affairs as yesterday.  Back into the village again and went to a friends house to talk to a representative, found the ticket had been closed out as of 7pm yesterday evening.  Generated a new ticket, but the next available time is going to be next Monday but the guy said he would expedite the work.  When asked what that actually meant as far as someone coming and was told it would be before.... wait for it.....next Monday.

This morning when I checked the customer side of the NIC I saw an orange wire poking through from the teleco side of the box.  I don't think it was there the other day when I looked in the box.  The other complaint I have with Verizon is with their website, starting this week I was unable to get a detailed status report on my repair.  The website decided it didn't like my log in, or, using the alternative of my phone number and last months bill amount, wouldn't let me get to the detailed status report.

I would like to think that they did try and contact me after closing out the ticket, when dialling into our line you get a busy signal, but closing out a ticket before they knew for sure the line was working is some slipshod work.

3 REPLIES
Contributor barrywnj
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(9,008 Views)

Join the club.  The service is horrible, the communication is horrible, one person there doesnt know what the other is doing.  Just switched from Comcast a couple weeks before Sandy, that was a big mistake.  Still no servce.

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 3 of 4
(8,824 Views)

RamblingSid,

We are glad that your issue was resolved.  Please let us know if you need any further assitance.

Tonya D.

Employee Employee
Employee
Message 4 of 4
(8,823 Views)

Barrywnj,

We are glad to hear that your service is restored.  Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Tonya D.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios