quick menu

Voice Service does not work, DSL does.

Voice Service does not work, DSL does.

Contributor ineed-help
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(8,468 Views)
My home voice service is not working, but my DSL service does. I tried using the verisimilitude troubleshooter, but it didn't help. My DSL modem/routed works totally fine, and that's how I'm posting this. However, if I pick up my phone, it wont work(I use regular storm corded phones that get their power over the phone line, and when you pick it up, there's a light that goes on). The lights wont go on and there is no dial tone. The devices I have connected to the line are: 3 of the phones I mentioned earlier, nh DIRECTV box, and my DSL modem/routed. Please help me!<br><br>-Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Copper Contributor RamblingSid
Copper Contributor
Message 2 of 3
(8,358 Views)

No real help I am afraid, but I was told last year that DSL only requires one wire to work where as the telephone requires both of them.

Contributor Jimbo3
Contributor
Message 3 of 3
(7,972 Views)

I have connected a phone that I know works and the fileter/buffer and I have no dial tone.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios