Switch Account

Accounting and QuickBooks

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Accounting and QuickBooks

Message 1 of 4
(9,702 Views)

I have a small business and I have been using Peachtree software for my accounting needs. It’s a bit more complicated than I’d like, and I always seem to mix something up so I am thinking about upgrading. My CPA uses Quickbooks and recommended that program to me. I am hesitant to make a change before I know what I’m getting into. I need a good software program for accounting and I’ve heard good things about QuickBooks. Is anyone using this program? Is it easy to use? Is there something better? Help!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Accounting and QuickBooks

Message 2 of 4
(9,597 Views)

Hi Tom,

I recently signed up for QuickBooks online but that's as far as I've gotten! I haven't actually begun using it, but I need to because I have to get stuff over to my CPA before March 15. I've heard good things about it, but can't yet recommend it. If you are interested in trying it they have a free 30 day trial at http://quickbooksonline.intuit.com/

Hope this helps!

Kristine

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(9,589 Views)

I'm a self employed contractor that works out of my home.  I've found that the Quickbooks Simple Start 2010 Free Edition suits my purpose for tracking my income and expenses.  However, I don't have any vendors that need to be paid or payroll to run, since I'm a sole proprietor.  It would be worth checking it out, since it's free.  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(4,399 Views)

I've used Quick Books for Many years.  It is a good program but has many limits that you must recognize.

If you want to count inventory it is mediocre at best!

We are currently using QB Enterprise Solutions which is the top level version of QB that is designed for multi user in a server environment.   The new 2012 version of this program promises MANY improvements in inventory as well as other areas.  

One word of caution with ANY Quick Books product.   WAIT,  WAIT,  WAIT  to install any new version of QB until at least the R2 version as QB is well known to release new programs with tons of bugs in them.  They like to let their customers suffer thru the bugs rather than to do the proper testing prior to release.   Many people have got burned by this.   Once QB is a couple of releases down the software is pretty stable and useable.  

With all the versions problems I still feel it is a Very Good program that is easy to use and comes with more functionality with each new yearly version.  

YMMV

Good Luck

Prosndinc

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.