|This is the last time your account was accessed.|
04-19-2010 09:14 AM
- Can the firm's capabilities deliver on your actual expectation?
- Do you like and trust them?
- What is their turnover like?
- Have former clients ever sued them?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have established outside vendor relationships?
- Does a big customer dominate them? What happens if that client goes away?
- Do you understand how the firm makes money?
- Have you examined the systems that the firm has in place?
- Is it understood what other services you might need in the future or not this firm can provide those services?
Obviously, this is not a comprehensive or nearly complete list. However, one ingredient that often is overlooked in finding the right marketing consulting firm is corporate culture. Understanding the tremendous impact corporate culture has on the success or failure of outsourcing can help facility executives avoid the pitfalls associated with a bad arrangement.
We're really not that far removed from the sandbox of childhood... you play with those you like and who you mesh with. Like my grandmother used to say, "There's a sock for every ole' shoe."