Can't find where private messages are
Cyberdude

I received an email that said I have a private message " in the Verizon | Forums and Blogs - Verizon Community from: ElizabethS with the subject line . . ."

I have no idea where to go to retrieve this message.   How about some help. 

Sid

0 Likes
Re: Can't find where private messages are
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please check your Private Message Inbox. It should look like this -->>

It should be at the upper right of the page just under the search feature.

JRTEMT
Contributor - Level 2

DITTO

Instead of sending me an email .....to tell me I need to check the message elsewhere - INCLUDE THE TEXT IN THE STUPID EMAIL.

I'm logged in.

I'm looking under Support.

The gold envelope doesn't show up UNTIL YOU HIT REPLY to another person's post! How about moving the Inbox envelope to the top right WHENEVER THE USER IS LOGGED IN.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JRTEMT wrote:

Instead of sending me an email .....to tell me I need to check the message elsewhere - INCLUDE THE TEXT IN THE STUPID EMAIL.

Since they don't use PGP the message will not be private.

I point to

http://www.cyberwolfman.com/emailprv.htm

and to

http://email.about.com/cs/pgp/a/public_key_enc.htm

Please note: By un-encrypted email they don't mean that you don't use SSL.

FYI: SSL only protects the log-in info (user name and password).

@JRTEMT wrote:

The gold envelope doesn't show up UNTIL YOU HIT REPLY to another person's post! How about moving the Inbox envelope to the top right WHENEVER THE USER IS LOGGED IN.

For me when I have unread private messages, it shows up...

#1 After I log in, in the top right hand corner.

#2 If I am logged in:

a) After I hit reply to another user's post

AND OR

b) After I refresh the web page. With most web browsers, this is done by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard.

0 Likes
Hclapp11641
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree.  I have a difficult time finding them as well.  I don't log into verizon all the time.  I don't use verizon for my email.  I had a problem that they marked as "solved" because they sent me a private message that I didn't know about until today when I came on and started searching around.  I actually stumbled on it by chance.  It seem Verizon strives to make things as difficult as possible for their customers.