Switch Account

EDIT FORUM MESSAGE

Highlighted
Copper Contributor delfina666
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 7
(4,402 Views)

I posted a message and now want to edit it (within a half hour of posting).  How is that done?

6 REPLIES 6
Gold Contributor II
Gold Contributor II
Message 2 of 7
(4,379 Views)

Go to the message, and click the option button in the upper right hand corner. If within the time limit there will be an option to edit the post.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 7
(4,330 Views)

@budone wrote:

Go to the message, and click the option button in the upper right hand corner. If within the time limit there will be an option to edit the post.

Of course if the time limit has passed,you can always notify the moderator & just ask to edit the part you want. I've done that before.

"Today is my birthday. Time to celebrate!!!!."
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 4 of 7
(4,283 Views)

@TheGreatOne wrote:

@budone wrote:

Of course if the time limit has passed,you can always notify the moderator & just ask to edit the part you want. I've done that before.

Yes I have notified the moderator and said oops I really didn't want to say that. They will fix it ,but if you make a habbit of that, I guess they would get upset. I am not aware of a time limit unless you get auto logged off. Once you are logged out it will not let you edit your message.

Moderator Moderator
Message 5 of 7
(4,263 Views)

There is a 60 minute limit on editing your own posts.  After that, you will need to contact a moderator to make the edit for you.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 6 of 7
(4,240 Views)

@prisaz wrote:

Yes I have notified the moderator and said oops I really didn't want to say that. They will fix it ,but if you make a habbit of that, I guess they would get upset. I am not aware of a time limit unless you get auto logged off. Once you are logged out it will not let you edit your message.

That is why it is good to proof read what you just said. Smiley Happy It is a good habit to get into anyways (they taught me that in school!)

"Today is my birthday. Time to celebrate!!!!."
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 7 of 7
(4,188 Views)

@TheGreatOne wrote:

@prisaz wrote:

That is why it is good to proof read what you just said. Smiley Happy It is a good habit to get into anyways (they taught me that in school!)

Cool that's great, Oh Great One!  I was thinking more along the lines of I should not have said that.Smiley Tongue

Thanks for the 60 minute update. I learned me something, and was schooled today.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.