Extending session duration time.

SOLVED
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 1 of 2
(3,819 Views)

I usually surf the forum from work, and can go an hour without hitting refresh. Usually when I come back after leaving the forum up on a page on my computer, I have to log back in. This is despite the fact that I haven't closed the browser.

It would be nice if the logged in cookie for forum accounts lasted until the browser closed, not on a timer that can expire when the page is still loaded.

Thanks,

Micheru

Micheru
| www.micheru.com |
| "Nothing is true, everything is permitted." |
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Extending session duration time.

Message 2 of 2
(3,813 Views)

Easy to fix: just go into your profile, go to Advanced Preferences, and set the Automatic Page Refresh Interval  to a reasonable value like 2 minutes. This will cause the website to refresh your current page every 2 minutes when there is no activity. Works great, with one exception - it you look at a post in a forum and just leave it at that point, sometimes when I try to go back to the list of forums or list of posts in a forum it makes me log in again.

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.