Extending session duration time.
MicheruVZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I usually surf the forum from work, and can go an hour without hitting refresh. Usually when I come back after leaving the forum up on a page on my computer, I have to log back in. This is despite the fact that I haven't closed the browser.

It would be nice if the logged in cookie for forum accounts lasted until the browser closed, not on a timer that can expire when the page is still loaded.

Thanks,

Micheru

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Extending session duration time.
Justin46
Legend

Easy to fix: just go into your profile, go to Advanced Preferences, and set the Automatic Page Refresh Interval  to a reasonable value like 2 minutes. This will cause the website to refresh your current page every 2 minutes when there is no activity. Works great, with one exception - it you look at a post in a forum and just leave it at that point, sometimes when I try to go back to the list of forums or list of posts in a forum it makes me log in again.

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Re: Extending session duration time.
Justin46
Legend

Easy to fix: just go into your profile, go to Advanced Preferences, and set the Automatic Page Refresh Interval  to a reasonable value like 2 minutes. This will cause the website to refresh your current page every 2 minutes when there is no activity. Works great, with one exception - it you look at a post in a forum and just leave it at that point, sometimes when I try to go back to the list of forums or list of posts in a forum it makes me log in again.

Keller, TX 76248