I have a suggestion for the forums layout:

Header : Mobile Devices

SUB forum: Blackberry Devices

Sub Forum: Tour 9630

Storm

Pearl

Curve

Etc etc.

Seperating them down to the phone model will help not only your customers find their answer more quickly but it will also help the mods find the sections faster.

Just my .02 cents

Re: Forum Layout
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thanks for your feedback.  We will pass it along to the appropriate department.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Sborden, That is a really good idea and something that has been suggested in the past. However, I still feel it wouldn't work out well. 1.) It would create too many subsections causing clutter. 2.) it wouldn't really help people find a solution better because people don't LOOK for a solution first. They usually just post willy nilly in whatever section they click on first and it has to get moved anyway. Also, most issues people have with devices aren't always device specific. It's usually a general problem; can't send messages, no email or data connection, freezing, missing icons..etc etc. In some of these cases the specific model of phone doesn't necessarily contribute to the problem. It would be difficult to properly sort those posts in such a way that would make the sorting meaningful. It's one of those ideas that only works good on paper. Like Congress. D'oh ><
sborden70
Enthusiast - Level 2

Chileman,

While i agree with most of your statement, as far as people dont look.  I just recently joined the forums and speciifically wanted info for my Tour, i had to wade through numerous pages for information on just the tour. 

i think that people once they figure out where to post for their specific devices they would like it much better.  I am an avid gamer and when i go to the forums it easier to find information that is broken down into sections. 

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Try going to the relevant board, such as Mobile Devices, and using the search function at the top of the page. Enter as specific a term as you can, for example "Tour texting problem", and then choose "on this board". That will take you to the threads which have those keywords.

nmchileman
Master - Level 3

I applaud you and your patience that allowed you to wade through posts before making your own!!

Now, what I really think would help is a MANDATORY period for new users not allowing them to post. Where they can only search the forums and if after 10-15 minutes of searching they don't find an answer then they can post a question. Ah, wishful thinking though. Smiley Wink

But yes, search by tags. The Doc and myself do a pretty good job of tagging the good posts, so if you do a search by some keywords you should get a few relevant topics.

0 Likes