Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

not sure why VZ thought to include a twitter stream on this site, but it is the worst idea ever. 

A.) all it does is make the page load slower

B.) nobody gives a hoot about the tweets

I understand that VZ wants to be on the cutting edge of technology, but this is not how to show it.

if VZ is really insistent on having this annoyance, then perhaps the twitter stream should default to disable, and will only be enable when the user (all 4 of them) enable it.

Re: Forum Suggestion - Kill the Twitter Stream
Justin46
Legend

Just go into:

My Settings ==> Social Connect

and turn the Twitter feed off.

Keller, TX 76248

jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

Just go into:

My Settings ==> Social Connect

and turn the Twitter feed off.

Keller, TX 76248

yes, but that only works when you are signed in.  given that the forums automatically log you out so rapidly, I usually have to log back in just to turn it off.  I understand the security, but given this is the only forum that I belong where I my username/password are not stored.

Justin46
Legend

@jmcohen23 wrote:
yes, but that only works when you are signed in.  given that the forums automatically log you out so rapidly, I usually have to log back in just to turn it off.  I understand the security, but given this is the only forum that I belong where I my username/password are not stored.

Now you have me really confused Smiley Very Happy

Why do you care if the Twitter feed is active when you are not logged in? When I come to the Verizon forums, I immediately log in and do whatever I am going to do while logged in. You don't?

What do you mean "I usually have to log back in just to turn it off"? Once set the Twitter setting stays forever until you change it (at least it does for me).

Are you really getting logged off that soon? Once I log in I stay logged in for about 2 hours with no activity. For a long time yes, the site would log you out due to inactivity pretty quickly, but that was changed quite a while ago (Sept. 2009), and as far as I know there are no settings that affect this and it applies to all members who log in (or not? can an Admin clarify this?).

Now, some of us have been begging for auto-login for a long, long time, so far no action. But we keep hoping.....

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@jmcohen23 wrote:

Now you have me really confused Smiley Very Happy

Why do you care if the Twitter feed is active when you are not logged in? When I come to the Verizon forums, I immediately log in and do whatever I am going to do while logged in. You don't?

What do you mean "I usually have to log back in just to turn it off"? Once set the Twitter setting stays forever until you change it (at least it does for me).

Are you really getting logged off that soon? Once I log in I stay logged in for about 2 hours with no activity. For a long time yes, the site would log you out due to inactivity pretty quickly, but that was changed quite a while ago (Sept. 2009), and as far as I know there are no settings that affect this and it applies to all members who log in (or not? can an Admin clarify this?).

Now, some of us have been begging for auto-login for a long, long time, so far no action. But we keep hoping.....

Keller, TX 76248

nope, I do not log in unless I plan on leaving comments.

if I am not logged in, and visit the website, the twitter feed is set to enabled.  however, once I log in - which takes awhile since I need to wait for the page to load (mind you I am using FIOS internet), then the twitter feed is disabled.

as I would imagine with most customers that use this forum, I do not have time to stay logged in all day to this website - I'm lucky if I have time to hit once a day or every other day.

the auto-login would certainly resolve this...