Forums Not Playing Nice with Chrome

Forums Not Playing Nice with Chrome

SOLVED
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 1 of 6
(3,911 Views)

I had some trouble getting in last night, but it seems to have been related to maintenance. I see we have a spiffy new "keep me signed in" option. Yay!

The only problem I have is that I am now unable to log into the forums using Chrome. I get an error that says "Please enter a UserID" - even though my login info is definitely entered.

I'm using Chrome version 6.0.472.63, with no addons enabled. (On the upside, seems to work just fine with both Firefox and IE.)

loginerror.jpg

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 2 of 6
(3,844 Views)

Strange....

I normally use Firefox, but I logged off of Firefox and right now am logged onto the forums using Chrome to create this post:

Chrome.jpg

And I am using it with a number of add-ons enabled, so your problem is obviously a "user error" Smiley Very Happy (just kidding, just in case you don't believe the smiley). Unfortunately I don't have a clue what your problem might be, but at least for me Chrome seems to be working just fine with the forums.

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 3 of 6
(3,806 Views)

I don't like chrome because it doesn't really shine.Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII
Message 4 of 6
(3,793 Views)

I had the same problem with Chrome until I cleared history, deleted cookies, etc.  Once I did that Chrome worked fine with the forums.

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 5 of 6
(3,786 Views)

@jumpin68ny wrote:

I had the same problem with Chrome until I cleared history, deleted cookies, etc.  Once I did that Chrome worked fine with the forums.

Interesting, and to me strange.....I did not have to do that, but if it works, that is what is important. I wonder why that would help, any idea?

Keller, TX 76248

Highlighted
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II
Message 6 of 6
(3,769 Views)

@jumpin68ny wrote:

How very strange. I would swear I did that already, but I cleared it again and it works. Thanks for the reality check Smiley Happy

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.