I have a suggestion
Hclapp11641
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why do you feel it necessary to have so many different forums?  If a person writes on the wrong one then you remove their post.  How about you just have one area to post whatever you have on your mind and get rid of all the garbage.  You have "ideas", you have "suggestions", you have this you have that.  It's all so unnecessary.  Basically you're just wasting our time, instead of coming on and saying what we need to say, we have to search for the appropriate area or we'll be "removed".  But that's Verizon.

0 Likes
Find The Boards You Want.
prisaz
Legend

I hope you find this information helpful, and also the community useful. I have over the years found a wealth of information here.

It has actually grown since the Community started in 2008. If everything were in one place it would be impossible to locate the information you want, based on the subject. I have been around since the start, and have actually suggested some of the new Board's names along with the other users. FiOS Internet, FiOS TV Programming, FiOS TV Technical Assistance, etc...

Float This Board

Key point, and Very Helpful tip. If you have Boards based on subjects you like, and wish to have easy access, you can float them to the top.

Open the board, Next to the Enter New Message Button, On the drop down menu, Board Options, Select Float This Board To The Top.

This will let you have a Community Group of Boards at the top of the page. Based on your interests, and it will make items easier to find.

Search

Also do not forget the search feature at the top right side of the page. Not the large Google search at the top, but the smaller search window to the right.

GoTo Drop Down Menu may also help. (Edited 6/4/12.)

Next to the Search Button on the right side of the screen, there is a little known drop down arrow that lists all the boards. Little known because I did not realize it is there. See the image at the end of this post.

Edited to show my Floated Items.

Go To. Drop Down Menu, for the Boards.

Re: I have a suggestion
minded
Contributor - Level 1

I'm new here, but I was under the impression that they were moved, not removed.

Re: Find The Boards You Want.
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the very useful guide.  I'd never seen the GoTo menu either.  I'm used to doing without it, but I'll give it a try. 

0 Likes
Re: I have a suggestion
prisaz
Legend

@minded wrote:

I'm new here, but I was under the impression that they were moved, not removed.

There are three things you may see.

1. A Moderator may move your post to the appropriate board with a link that takes you to a new location.

2. Personal information may be edited from your post, to protect your privacy.

3. I believe your post could be moved to a Private Verizon area where they need to take immediate action to address the issue. They should at that point contact you regarding the issue. Either by private mail here in the envelope under the message button on the top right of the screen. It turns Gold when you have a message or messages with the number in the received box. Or they will attempt to contact you directly with the information supplied with your account. They don't just arbitrarily delete messages without a reason or follow up.

Now this is just what I have seen.

prisaz
Legend

@AnnJ wrote:

Thanks for the very useful guide.  I'd never seen the GoTo menu either.  I'm used to doing without it, but I'll give it a try. 

I like Floating my boards. That way I have a nice little group of my interests,and when there is a new post, the number will increment.

Also on the black drop down, you can mark all posts as read, so any new posts will show up with the number since your last visit.

Your welcome, and I am happy to help when I can.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I do Float my boards and use "Mark all as Read."  The trouble is that once in a while, somebody will answer a post from years ago and it will drive me crazy that I can't find that one unread post, so I'll end up going back through 20 pages to find it when I really should be doing something more useful with my time...

prisaz
Legend

@AnnJ wrote:

I do Float my boards and use "Mark all as Read."  The trouble is that once in a while, somebody will answer a post from years ago and it will drive me crazy that I can't find that one unread post, so I'll end up going back through 20 pages to find it when I really should be doing something more useful with my time...

OK. I see now. If you mark all as read, and there is one really old post you want to go back and read, it is hard to find?

If you don't mark all as read, you can click on the number of unread posts, and it will take you there.

I know nothing is perfect. That is when I have to go back and use the search feature.

Best wishes

Mark

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@AnnJ wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree. I had proposed an Unread-Only option for the forums, but nothing seems to have been done to implement it so far...

prisaz
Legend

I just started responding to this thread with some ideas, and things I find useful, and others may also.

I agree with most, but I hate to say, I don't think it is a horrible web site. Stay for a while, it will grow on you.Smiley LOL

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

Also when on the current board, the search feature only searches that board. Put in a key word and select search, once the list comes up, you can drill down even further by putting in your user name, or the other user's name, or more information. I am a big fan of the search feature and found it to be very powerful.

I have even built some URL links based on the syntax that comes in on the URL window on my browser when I do a search. Such as display all the ideas in the format I want. Etc. Then placed those URL links on my shortcut bar at the top of my browser page.