Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Let us change our forum usernames if necessary

User321
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Let us change our forum usernames if necessary

Message 1 of 3
(5,729 Views)

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

2 REPLIES 2
somegirl
Platinum Contributor II Platinum Contributor II
Platinum Contributor II

Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary

Message 2 of 3
(5,631 Views)

@User321 wrote:

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

--
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.

"All knowledge is worth having."
User321
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary

Message 3 of 3
(5,604 Views)

@somegirl wrote:

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

Even so, username changes should be added to the features on this forum. If they're already possible, someone please show me how...

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.