Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
User3211
Enthusiast - Level 3

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

0 Likes
Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@User321 wrote:

As you can see, when you visit someone's forum profile, the URLs show that these forums work on a numerical user ID system represents each account. The actual username of somebody is just a sub-value stored somewhere even if the entire account is tied to someone's overall Verizon account. Needless to say, I think it would be possible for people to change their usernames if they wish since we're all Verizon subscribers and pay to converse here. For me, I need a username change for my own personal privacy, but I've been denied it by the Verizon staff here. I find that somewhat unacceptable and for me, unsafe. Not everyone is going to put a lot of thought into a username for these forums, and it would be a useful feature for all of us.

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

0 Likes
Re: Let us change our forum usernames if necessary
User3211
Enthusiast - Level 3

@somegirl wrote:

Actually, the forums are free and can be used even by non-customers. That's what the community-only ID option is for.

Even so, username changes should be added to the features on this forum. If they're already possible, someone please show me how...