My Verizon vs. Forum Account information
Pete755

I would like to use my "My Verizon" login information for the forums and post messages.  But currently, I have to sign out of My Verizon, and sign in with my forum credentials.

I know My Verizon has issues...  But I would like to have user name and password for all my verizon activites.

Thanks.

Peter

0 Likes
Re: My Verizon vs. Forum Account information
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for your input! I'll make sure this gets passed along.

0 Likes
GoMountaineers1

I thought that was the whole idea of the login screen asking if you wanted to use an existing account login for the forums.  Is that not true??

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is strange, because..

After I log-in to MyVerizon, I go to this forum, and I just need to click on Log-in.

Are you on the 2.0 version of MyVerizon?

A demo of the 2.0 version is at https://www22.verizon.com/myverizon/demo/

0 Likes
Pete755

I have tried using the option of logging in with My Verizon, and it says there is a login failure so I have to go back and use the community signon.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I retested again, and it works fine when I:

a) Went to https://www22.verizon.com/myverizon/

b) Logged in.

c) Click on Support -> Forums

d) Click on Log-in on this forum.

Hmm..

To me this can mean:

a) It was broken, but now it is fixed?

b) Perhaps, you are being ported to Verizon 2.0 ?

c) You are on Verizon 2.0?

--

d) OR it could mean, something else that I did not think about.... ?

0 Likes
bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Do you remember how you registered for the forums? If you registered and chose the "Use My Verizon User ID and Password" option, you would have your user name and password linked to the forums (as dslr595148 shows in the reply). I believe it is possible you might have registered with the "Use a community-only user ID and password" option, and that may be why you are getting errors when trying to use your MyVerizon information.

mmehan82

I have the same issue.  I did register a while back, before it was linked with the MyVerizon login.  I like to use the same login for all of my Verizon, so that is what I did when create an account.  I use mmehan82 on MyVerizon, but have to log out of that and then go directly to the [Residential] Community login screen to sign back in; forget trying to log into the Wireless Community, that's next to impossible.  The username, password, and email address for both are the same and I just want to be able to link it!

I don't want to create a new username, nor use a different email address.

It would be great if there was an option on MyVerizon to just LINK to a pre-existing Community account, specifically for my Wireless community!

0 Likes
bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Hi,

You should be able to use your MyVerizon ID to log into the forums directly, but it sounds like you already have a Community-Only login here. Is that correct? Currently we don't have a way to "link" your current Community-only login and your MyVerizon ID.

Your Residential forums login (which sounds like a Community-Only login) was ported over to the Wireless community when they created their own space. It should work the same way over there that it works here.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question.  Thanks for being part of the forums!