Message 1 of 7
(3,658 Views)

Liked the old forum!!!!!!!!!!!

6 REPLIES
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 2 of 7
(3,651 Views)

Title says it allSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated.  Have been on the forums from day 1 of their existence and this change has finally convinced me to stop coming here (in the past have been an MVP, beta tester, and community leader member).

Using latest version of Firefox - No longer any indication of read / unread (at least that I can see), login issues if coming from webmail (already logged in and remember me for forum user name checked), and lack of posts that I feel I can help with (as an EE originally joined to help people with tech issues - these days rarely find anything to post for and just monitor posts).

EDIT: Just realized that there must have been no new posts (marking all as unread saw that the unread are srill in bold).  Still not enamored with the page structure.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 7
(3,628 Views)
Agreed!!!!!!!!! This is just AWFUL, really AWFUL!!!!!!!!! It's slow, clunky, more difficult to find things. Another 2 steps backwards.
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I
Message 4 of 7
(3,610 Views)

I find that too many websites are trying to embellish their websites.

To me, a forum like this lends itself to a plain text type format that it was.

People want to find info quickly and easily.

There used to be a lot more posts per page.

Now you have to go more pages to see the same amount of data.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Message 5 of 7
(3,557 Views)

Just gave the new forum a tryout and didn't realize that there is no longer a roll-over preview of the post.  This is extremely helpful in determining if the post is of interest or something I may be able to help with.  Just another step backwards.

Also, this forum (where my post was relegated by mods - don 't know if this comment will get me edited) doesn't even show up in the forums list when selecting from the choices above the Tech Assist forum (where this was origianlly posted) and the nuimber of posts per page is now way less than the "old" style forum (which worked well for the 8 years I have been part of this community).

Silver Contributor III Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 6 of 7
(3,449 Views)

Personally I do like the modern design, but I agree the loss of certain features will be missed.

Copper Contributor Ann154
Copper Contributor
Message 7 of 7
(3,280 Views)

At least you can still mark threads as read or unread on this forum. That feature is completely gone from the Wireless Community and has been since they switched to the Jive platform format from the Lithium platform used here.

And you still have the preview option in the text editor. I miss that too.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
My Fios App
Fios TV App
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.

My Verizon

• Add or Change Plan
  • Suspend My Service
  • Apps

Support

Watch Fios