Please give us more information right on the Call Block page
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

I am unable to post to the New Ideas page, so I'm posting here:

I see many complaints and questions and misunderstandings about how Call Block works.  

In several places, Hubrisnxs has explained the limitations of Call Block.  Here's the short version: "Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked."  (I've never been able to find this information anywhere except on the boards.  Links that Hubrisnxs has posted do not work.)

Many, probably most, people want to block solicitation calls from outside their local calling areas.  There calls are not blocked by Call Block.

Please spell out these limitations right on the Call Block page so we don't waste our time listing the numbers, deciding which numbers to delete to make room for new ones as we keep to our 10-number limit, and then wondering and posting about why we're still getting calls from those numbers we thought we'd blocked.  

Of course, it would be even better if we could block these calls and block more than 10 of them.  But in the meantime, it would be considerate to spell out the limitations.

Re: Please give us more information right on the Call Block page
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

did you make sure to submit a category when submitting your post to the Idea Exchange?

Re: Please give us more information right on the Call Block page
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you! I've finally submitted it there.

As it turned out, I discovered this myself earlier today.

I finally noticed a separate pink highlighted area over on the right saying that I had to choose a category.  I 'm pretty sure that this wasn't true in the past.  Trying to do anything on the Verizon website is always an adventure.  (You don't want to hear about what I've been going through trying to pay my bill...)

0 Likes