rockhopper
Enthusiast - Level 2

When you use a web site, what is the maximum number of times you will tolerate being asked for your username and password - even

if you allow cookies and have checked "remember me"?

a) 1

b) 2

c) 1 x 10^100 (which seems to be verizon's implementation)

Re: Poll
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

Cookies, etc, etc are browser related and as long as the website is checked to save them on your preferences, your problems are browser/user related.

Regards

DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
Well normally that is true.   It's usually your browswer that is at issue.   However, the originial poster is correct in that for some reason cookies are simply not "taking hold" on this site with a lot of systems.    I've encountered the same problem on three separate computers with Firefox, IE8 and Google Chrome (all set to accept all cookies including third party cookies).    I asked a friend to check it on his computer and the same thing happened to him.    I think it is one of those fixes that Verizon IT folks will need to work on a tad more as in this case I'm afraid it's on Verizon's end.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DarkCobra wrote:
Well normally that is true.   It's usually your browswer that is at issue.   However, the originial poster is correct in that for some reason cookies are simply not "taking hold" on this site with a lot of systems.    I've encountered the same problem on three separate computers with Firefox, IE8 and Google Chrome (all set to accept all cookies including third party cookies).    I asked a friend to check it on his computer and the same thing happened to him.    I think it is one of those fixes that Verizon IT folks will need to work on a tad more as in this case I'm afraid it's on Verizon's end.

I have to disagree. I have not had any cookie problems with either IE 7 or Firefox 3.0.5 or 3.0.8. And if it were a general problem, I think more than two or three people would have reported it.

Do you use your browser to delete cookies, or perhaps use a "cookie manager"? Possibly that is what is causing the problem. I use a free tool called IECookiesView that lets me delete all cookies except the ones I have checked, so I never lose the cookies I want to keep but get rid of the rest. You might want to at least install this program or some other and watch the Verizon cookies to see when they disappear, might give you a clue as to what is happening and when.

Justin
Verizon FiOS TV, Internet, and phone
IMG 1.6.2, Build 08.58
Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3

Well there are a TON of similar issues in being able to log in being reported.   It's just that people have not made the connection to the cookies and are not considering it so far.    They will eventually.    I don't dump the cookies and in fact have them "whitelisted" to stick via FF Add-on called Cookie Whitelist for when I do dump.   In fact, the same thing happens with or without this program.    Glad it's not happening to you but it is most definitely happening to others.    As I suggested the Verizon IT folks need to take a look at it at least.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@DarkCobra wrote:

Well there are a TON of similar issues in being able to log in being reported.   It's just that people have not made the connection to the cookies and are not considering it so far.    They will eventually.    I don't dump the cookies and in fact have them "whitelisted" to stick via FF Add-on called Cookie Whitelist for when I do dump.   In fact, the same thing happens with or without this program.    Glad it's not happening to you but it is most definitely happening to others.    As I suggested the Verizon IT folks need to take a look at it at least.

Your definition of a "TON" is apparently very different from mine, at least in the context of people reporting login problems. Obviously many, many people log in to this forum every day without any problems, and some try to log in and do have problems. We wil just have to agree to disagree I guess....and sometime in the near future I hope we all find out for sure what the problem is.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
Actually, I just now responed to a moderator in another thread who fully acknowledged that there are indeed ongoing problems with logging in for many and adjustments are being made to the site as we speak.    She indicated that changes are expected to be made to correct these problems at the beginning of May.    This is the second moderator who has fully acknowledged these issues as well to me.    Again, glad you are getting in without issue.   However, quite a few people are not and the Verizon moderators are indeed fully acknowledging that a problem exists and it exists on their end and will soon be fixed.    I am happy at their acknowledgement of the problems and I'm sure we are all happy that they are asking for our patience as they fix the problems.   THAT is how matters should be resolved.    I'm sure in time all will be addressed.
Message Edited by DarkCobra on 04-19-2009 08:31 PM
0 Likes