Question about friends
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

People can add users to their friends list. On the friends list on users profiles,what are the 0's next to their name? what do they represent?  I have noticed the 0's never really change.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/6782/friendsj.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Question about friends
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Have you always seen nothing or offline/online? Nope I don't think it was the browser that was causing this isuse. I saw the 0's appear in the Safari browser as well. Plus I saw the 0's on my browsers cell phone too. Must have been an issue on here directly. Thanks for your help anyways Justin.

The problem is fixed though. Now when I look I see offline/online. I checked on my cell too and see that. Maybe the administration or one of the mods reported it? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Interesting.....I don't see any zeros there, what I see is either nothing or a bullet with the word "online" or "offline." I wonder why the difference? Any chance you are using something like Adblock Plus in firefox and have blocked the image, either accidentally or on purpose?

See attachment below.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Have you always seen nothing or offline/online? Nope I don't think it was the browser that was causing this isuse. I saw the 0's appear in the Safari browser as well. Plus I saw the 0's on my browsers cell phone too. Must have been an issue on here directly. Thanks for your help anyways Justin.

The problem is fixed though. Now when I look I see offline/online. I checked on my cell too and see that. Maybe the administration or one of the mods reported it? 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

There is quite a bit of time between your post and mine, so maybe there was a bug or whatever. I am just about 100% sure that it has shown the bullet as I described it for quite a while, but shoot, at my age my memory can very, very occasionally be slightly faulty Smiley Very Happy

They seem to change the page format and content fairly regularly, with no warning or logic. Quite a while ago I updated my profile to block the Twitter stuff, today it started appearing again, went into my profile and sure enough, the block was now unchecked - why? And then later today some kind useless Engagement Center in a box headed Community Dashboard appeard. Now how do I get rid of that stuff???? Sometimes they just drive me nuts here changing things around for no rhyme or reason I can see........

Anyway, glad the zeros issue is fixed....but for how long before they break it again?????

Keller, TX 76248

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Justin wrote:

They seem to change the page format and content fairly regularly, with no warning or logic. Quite a while ago I updated my profile to block the Twitter stuff, today it started appearing again, went into my profile and sure enough, the block was now unchecked - why?

I noticed that too - at first I was browsing without logging in but it is there even when I am logged in.  

0 Likes
bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Justin and SuzyQ, not sure why your blocked Twitter feed started showing again; you can block it again. Sorry about that!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@beckyc wrote:

Justin and SuzyQ, not sure why your blocked Twitter feed started showing again; you can block it again. Sorry about that!

Oh I did, within a couple of minutes. Plus that Community Dashboard box thingy that suddenly appeared also magically disappeared after a few days. I looked for an option to block it while it was still there, but no go. My view is that if Verizon is going to add new things like that, especially things that don't seem to relate to the primary purpose of a particular page, please give us a corresponding option to allow/disallow whatever it is at the same time you add it. And it would be nice if there was some announcement first that it is coming.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I much prefer clean, simple web page layouts. I maintain a website for a property owners association, and there is not one flash object, just text, pictures, tables, some simple graphics, occasional audio and video, etc. And many web pages fit on the screen without scrolling, those that do require scrolling usually aren't really that long. Web developers just seem so enamored these days with glitzy pages, gotta have flash, blinking lights, lots of boxes for different topics that aren't even related and shouldn't be on the same page, links that frequently seem to get broken, and on and on. The simpler the better is my motto. FWIW.

Just some thoughts and suggestions.....Justin

bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, Justin. We always take them in and talk them through with the community team here.  We are looking at various ways to make life easier here for all of you, so keep the ideas coming.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

@beckyc wrote:

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions, Justin. We always take them in and talk them through with the community team here.  We are looking at various ways to make life easier here for all of you, so keep the ideas coming.

you mean the community leader forum?    If I think of a good idea I post it. Smiley Happy