Quote feature not working?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
I don't know if it's just me or a glitch in the board - it was working fine earlier today, but now when I try to use the "QUOTE" button I get "An unexpected error has occurred" and I'm taken back to a blank reply form, even if I had previously written part of a response. Is it just me or something more? I've tried closing and reopening the forum site....
0 Likes
Re: Quote feature not working?
Justin46
Legend

@SuzyQ wrote:
I don't know if it's just me or a glitch in the board - it was working fine earlier today, but now when I try to use the "QUOTE" button I get "An unexpected error has occurred" and I'm taken back to a blank reply form, even if I had previously written part of a response. Is it just me or something more? I've tried closing and reopening the forum site....

It is obviously you Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, I of course just used the quote function to reply and it worked fine. I have no clue what your problem could be; what browser are you using? Have you tried a different one? Applied any fixes to your software today? Rebooted your PC?

Or, of course, it just could be that your PC and/or the fourms just don't like you any more Smiley Very Happy

Wish I could help.....good luck.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Justin wrote:

It is obviously you Smiley Very Happy

Seriously, I of course just used the quote function to reply and it worked fine. I have no clue what your problem could be; what browser are you using? Normally I use Firefox, it seems to be fine in Chrome and IE though.  Have you tried a different one? Yes, only my FF seems to behave that way.  Applied any fixes to your software today? No Rebooted your PC? Tried that, too, after the reboot FF still errors out when I try to quote, the other two seem to be using the quote as expected.

Or, of course, it just could be that your PC and/or the fourms just don't like you any more Smiley Very Happy  LOL - it'll take more than a little glitch to keep me away! 

Well, it does seem to be ME  😞  (or at least my Firefox for the time being).  I'm doing this in IE and the quote worked.  I hope it's temporary....everything else in FF seems to be acting normally. 

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

@SuzyQ wrote:
 Well, it does seem to be ME  😞  (or at least my Firefox for the time being).  I'm doing this in IE and the quote worked.  I hope it's temporary....everything else in FF seems to be acting normally.

I am using firefox right now and just did the quote feature.Works on my end. You may want to try clearing your cache or cookies even. Open browser-->Tools-->Clear recent history-->check cache & cookies-->clear now

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SuzyQ wrote:

Normally I use Firefox, it seems to be fine in Chrome and IE though.

Interesting. I am using Firefox also, 3.5.5, with no problem. Do you have any Firefox add-ons? Perhaps one of them updated today and is causing the problem, have you tried starting Firefox without any Add-ons?

I'm obviously grasping at straws here, I have no idea what would cause your problem.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

This getting "curiouser and curiouser" - I'm on IE now, because as I was responding to posts using FF (3.5.7) more glitches began appearing....

I would answer someone, and post it.  When the post appeared, all of my "hard returns"  and paragraphing were gone, and the post was one big lump - I like spaces!

So I clicked Options>>Edit message to put the returns back in....and all it did was take me to the top of the page.  I scrolled back down, tried to Edit message again, I'm back at the first post.  Not good - I try to catch all my typos before posting, but I inevitably seem to miss a few and I use the "Edit message" quite a bit.

It WAS working fine earlier in the day, and I haven't done any updates or add-ons today.  I do have several that I use in FF, and one of them may be the culprit, but it's easier just to use IE and wait to see if it resolves itself.  If not, I may dig deeper.  And my cache clears when I exit O Great One....I can see if clearing the cookies helps though.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Hi SuzyQ,

Like the others have said, I also use Firefox 3.5.7 and have had no problems with the Quote button.  I'm not sure how to trouble shoort for you when I can't replicate the problem. 

If you continue having the problem, shoot me a PM and I'll check with the software engineers to see if anyone else is reporting the problem.

KaLin

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Well, KaLin, Justin, and others....with all my add-ons and plug ins disabled, totally wiping out my browsing history, cache, and cookies - all is well.  Now to turn ON the plug ins one by one and see if it happens again.  Or not - just a temporary glitch with MY system, it appears.

Thanks for the feedback - I know there are updates and changes happening, and when it started acting weird on my end, I thought I'd see if it was JUST ME, or the site itself.  Rest easy, it was me.  Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SuzyQ wrote:

....... Rest easy, it was me.  Smiley Tongue

See, I told you it was you Smiley Very Happy

Glad you got around it. My guess would be an updated Add-on, but who knows, you may never find out what it was. Ah, the fun of working with computers......

Justin