Recent change to message list format?
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Yesterday I noticed that the message list format changed. The subject is now all scrunched up. Increasing the width of the browser window doesn't help since the message list appears to have a fixed width. Any reason for the change?

0 Likes
Re: Recent change to message list format?
Justin46
Legend

I wish I knew. My answer today is "I have no idea." But I can tell you that there are some as yet unnamed plans for using some of that space on the right hand side and so they made the change in anticipation of that. What it is is apparently still a secret. I can tell you that several of us have expressed concerns to the moderators here, and they have also expressed their concerns to the developers. I am hopeful that they will go back to the way it was, but you never know.....or maybe whatever they plan to put there will be just so great that we won't care any more about the list format/appearance Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the reply. Glad to see I'm not the only one that dislikes it. Robot Happy

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you are not alone logicman - the subject lines are wrapping to 3, 4 or more lines making the page much longer than it needs to be, forcing scrolling to see all the info, and the subject lines are harder to read when they are mashed together like they are.  Some of the recent changes have been for the better (being able to float favorite boards to the top of the list, for example) but this is a layout change I would like to see put back to the way it was.

0 Likes
bcarroll7
Contributor - Level 3

Hi all, thank you for the feedback on the recent change. Yes, it was a deliberate change to add the right-hand column for some new features. One of those started up today, access to Twitter.

We will check to see whether there is any flexibility in placing the new features in the right-hand column or somewhere else.

0 Likes