Selective Support..?
PjD805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not clear as whether this is a peer to peer or a tech support forum? I've read a number of the topics and noticed the Moderator and VZ support only respond to select topics - why is that?

The reason customers come here is because they have an issue. Is it not in VZ best interest and for the sake of PR to respond [at some level] to all topics?  Just an observation... Smiley Wink

Re: Selective Support..?
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@PjD805 wrote:

Not clear as whether this is a peer to peer or a tech support forum? I've read a number of the topics and noticed the Moderator and VZ support only respond to select topics - why is that?

The reason customers come here is because they have an issue. Is it not in VZ best interest and for the sake of PR to respond [at some level] to all topics? ...

For starters I'd suggest you give the forums a bit more than 3 or 4 days before making up your mind on the effectiveness of the system.  In general this is a peer-to-peer forum, but obviously there are issues that other users cannot address, particularly when it comes to account information, invoice disputes, contract management, etc.

If you search the "technical" sub-forums, and then compare issues there with the (more or less) "gripe" forums, this should become clear fairly soon.  If not, just keep trying.

0 Likes
PjD805
Enthusiast - Level 2

I realize it's been less than a week, but I noticed later topics that had already been addressed...  

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

@PjD805 wrote:

The reason customers come here is because they have an issue. Is it not in VZ best interest and for the sake of PR to respond [at some level] to all topics?  Just an observation... Smiley Wink

As armond stated, this is a peer to peer support forum where customers interact with each other to try to solve issues. 

The moderators will look for issues that cannot be handled by peers and escalate them to support.  However, 60% - 70% of the issues that get escalated get closed out for non-response because the customer does not come back after the initial post to provide the information that the support agents need to resolve their issue -- which means that they only come here to vent their frustration.  (kind of a "one hit wonder" )  But the majority of the issues posted here get resolved with help from other customers.

PjD805
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the clarification... Man Happy

The topic I started last week was fairly active and I was wondering why someone from T/S didn't have something to add[?].

0 Likes