Send "group" private messages?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If I want to send a private message to several people on the forum, I need to go to each one individually and send the message.  Is there a way to send the same message to all those designated as friends, at one time?  Or to "group" friends and send a message to a group?  Can this be added?  Or is the potential for abuse too high?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Send "group" private messages?
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

The software doesn't currently have a feature to send to all in your friends' list.  However, you can still send to multiple recipients by separating usernames with a comma and manually typing them in.

I might submit that feature to the development team to see where it goes. . . Smiley Wink

View solution in original post

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I like this idea but agree that there is high potential for abuse. Maybe have it unlocked only at a certain ranking?

If I get a vote, SuzyQ is definitely legit enough to have this feature. 🙂

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

The software doesn't currently have a feature to send to all in your friends' list.  However, you can still send to multiple recipients by separating usernames with a comma and manually typing them in.

I might submit that feature to the development team to see where it goes. . . Smiley Wink

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@KaLin wrote:

However, you can still send to multiple recipients by separating usernames with a comma and manually typing them in.

Yep, this works.  And if the name is already on your friends' list, it "auto-fills" for you, cutting down the # of keystrokes needed.  Thanks!

0 Likes