Tagging instructions
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

There's a contradiction between the instruction page for tagging and the instructions where I actually tag.   One or the other needs to be updated.

Towards the bottom of the page 

( http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Helping-the-Community-The-Art-of-Tagging/m-p/20... ),   it says:

"Separate by Spaces – Separate each tag by a space.  “My Verizon” and “MyVerizon” are both acceptable – though it is not necessary to add them both to a single post."

But when I fill in the tag blank, the instructions beneath it say, "Use commas between tags."

I should think that the second seems to be a better practice, because it enables two-word tags.  I suppose that if I wanted to enter a two-word tag the first way, I would have to put the two words in quotes?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Tagging instructions
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I will forward your suggestion to the forum administrators.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

The forum software has gone through several updates since the post on using tagging.  The proper way is to separate the tags with commas.  This allows for two word tags without having to use quotation marks.

0 Likes
AnnJ11
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for the clarification.  I would accept the solution, but I still think that someone should make the correction on the tagging instruction page.

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I will forward your suggestion to the forum administrators.

0 Likes