The forum layout is now a piece of GARBAGE !
DCGTLS
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who's bright(NOT) idea was it to change the forum to be threaded like the old newsgroups? It is now a waste of my time to even log on here as this new format just wastes my time. If I see a thread that I want to read I should not have to click on each and every reply. Put it back the way it was a few days ago.

0 Likes
Re: The forum layout is now a piece of GARBAGE !
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Why are you clicking on every reply? They should all display when you go to the thread...

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I suspecf something has gotten changed in your profile, there are a number of options there on how stuff is presented. I have seen absolutely no change in the way the forum displays a thread.

Keller, TX 76248

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

I found the setting.
Go to "My Settings"
Select the "Preferences" tab.
Click on the "Display" link.
The setting is called "Board Layout" and should be at the top of that list.
You want to select "Linear Layout" instead of "Topic Layout"

This should change it back.

Thank you, Justin, for suggesting settings!

wessock1

I had the same problem suddenly which is why I came here looking for a topic about it. The problem only happens if you're not signed in with a user name, so basically any people without one see the forum in a highly unusable format. They also don't have the option to change the format without signing up, and with the username/email address bug the forum STILL has, that could be a problem for a lot of people.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@wessock1 wrote:

I had the same problem suddenly which is why I came here looking for a topic about it. The problem only happens if you're not signed in with a user name, so basically any people without one see the forum in a highly unusable format. They also don't have the option to change the format without signing up, and with the username/email address bug the forum STILL has, that could be a problem for a lot of people.

OK, now I see what you are talking about. The OP did not mention not being signed in and I never visit the forums without signing in, so I could not understand what he was seeing (at least I am guessing that he is referring to how it works when not signed in) .

Since it apparently changed recently for no obvious reason, I will see if I can get someone from Verizon to fix it, or if they won't at least explain why it was changed.

Keller, TX 76248

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This is something that has just recently appeared.  We have reported it and are awaiting an answer as to why it changed.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I just checked and it appears the problem is now fixed. Can anybody confirm (or deny)?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It was fixed last night. Smiley Happy

0 Likes