Verizon Forums Are Very Very Hard Hard To Log Into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
outandconfused
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please please fix the Verizon Forums Log-In Problems!!!!!!! I tried and tried and tried and tried to log in, finally after trying 2 days if not longer, it let me log in. After I log out, it probably will be that long again, if at all, I can log back in. So please please Verizon Forums Tech, fix this problem, if you know how to and thanks! Hopefully, if I get a reply back, when notified of any replies back, I hope that I can log back in here, to read them.

outandconfused

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Forums Are Very Very Hard Hard To Log Into!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner
What kind of problem are you having with logging in??  Any screenshots of error messages would be helpful in diagnosing the problem.
0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3

Well while waiting for him to reply with his specific issue . . . I can meanwhile veryify that part of the problem is cookies are not holding on a lot of people's computers when it comes to this forum.   Normally, this is a user browser related issue.    However, I've got three computers all set to accept all cookies including third party cookies and there is no software blocking anything.    I've run into this with Firefox 3.0.8, IE8 and Google Chrome.    I had a friend check it as well and the cookies would not hold on that system either.    I think this may well be part of the problem that many are having.    The IT Verizon folks should check it out.

🙂

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

The forums are currently undergoing some upgrades and changes due to "growing pains" with the additional traffic that the Wireless forums have brought our way since their integration.   One thing that's being addressed is that users are now having to access the forums from the Telecom site, the Wireless site and as an anonymous user without an account of any kind.

The integration of all the different domains is taking time to  complete -- as well as the implementation of some additional features and a major upgrade and redesign.  Our goal is to have everything in place by the first part of May.

Just be patient a little longer while we go through our "facelift".  

Thanks for your understanding.

Message Edited by KaLin on 04-20-2009 09:29 PM
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
Very good and thanks so much!
0 Likes
Doxielvr3
It seems I can log in with internet explorer but not Foxfire my preferred. Very annoying I hate internet explorer.
0 Likes
DarkCobra1
Contributor - Level 3
You and me both and I'm sure a whole lot of people.   I will not go back to IE and will gladly continue to manually log into this forum as often as I need to with Firefox.   In time this will all be fixed.   I've had two moderators now tell me that more tweaks and changes are coming in May that hopefully will rectify these problems.
0 Likes
Tazz57
Smiley Happy myself I'm running Firefox 3.0.10 with no problems but even when I was on older versions I had no problems w/cookiesholding ?..And i hate IE i have IE6 XpSp1 windows & IE keep trying to get me to update to XpSp2 but i did for a few wks and it seamedto slow my cpu down so i did a sys restore and took it out ..windows & OS due out soon supposed to be a real nice upgrade from Vistawitch I'm not crazy about either my sister has it on her desk & laptop cpu's
0 Likes