Verizon Wireless - Cant access the community
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Hi,

I cant access the Verizon Wireless community. Just letting you know.

I can get in my Fios account, my wireless account, the fios community, but i cant get into the wireless community. It also asked me a security question that isnt my question. Must be down. At least this works.  i have been trying to get someone at Verizon so that i could tell them about the Messages plus app which now takes 2 taps to get the keyboard to appear instead of one (when responding to a contact).

Re: Verizon Wireless - Cant access the community
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gcville,

Regarding your Wireless community sign-in issue, are you using a community-only sign-in or your Verizon residential credentials?

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I figured out the issue. Verizon changes the URL or the site address of the community forum.  Because they don't have a way to get there from the main screen (main verizon wireless account page), I have to start at the Verizon Wireless Community site.  I Googled for the site and used that.  The old location didn't work and asked me security questions that I never set up.  I called and they said try IE instead of Google Chrome. That performed the same way. Then they said it was down.  Neither was correct. I ended up figuring this out myself.  Verizon, please add a way to get to the proper forum site from the main account page. SMH, cost me time and frustration.  And this all began because Messages Plus has an issue since the last ANdroid update and i have to tap 2 times to get my keyboard up when responding. No one responds to that. Please fix that.

Actually, i just tried to respond to another question and i had the same issue as yesterday. Too difficult dealing with your website here Verizon. Issues every time. Please make log in's easier. This is bad. The wireless community forum is particularly tough to access and no link to it. Also, once in these, label them as either WIRELESS or FIOS up top please.  This needs work. Tired of trying to get into that Verizon Wireless Community. Fix it please.  I used proper credentials.  i can access the 2 accounts for FIOS and Wireless and i can easily log in to the FIos community, but i cant log in to wireless. work on this please.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless community used to be housed within this community, but split off many years ago. It might be a good idea to merge the two communities again. (The pendulum swings back...)

You see. This Forum has URL forums.verizon.com. It implies a very broad sense, but this is technically the Fios residential forum (+ copper too). We don't see too many Fios business/enterprise customers here. (Of course, occasionally I do see some business customers. Some were asking how to get to the Fios business forum. Well, there isn't one.)

The wireless forum has URL community.verizonwireless.com. It is a very accurate description: the community forum of Verizon Wireless (Personal only I think).

I refer to this community as the wireline and the other wireless. But, there isn't Wireline/Wireless division in Verizon any more, it becomes Verizon Consumer, Verizon Business, and Verizon Media. Interestingly, some Fios customer support are handled by Verizon Media.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

Ok, so again, I only want to know if i can access the FIOS community from the main account page. I guess i cannot.  I can however get to the Verizon Wireless community forum from the main account page by clicking Support and scrolling way way down.

If there is a way to get to the fios community forum from main account page, please let me know. ALso, just a suggestion, please title the forums.... at the top, name them Verizon Wireless community Forum or Verizon FIOS community forum. That way i know where i am when i enter. Helps to lessen the confusion.  This is just from using it many times and having several issues over the years. I want to try and improve this experience.  As a customer, I want to be able to quickly be heard, not battle the process of delivering communication.  Clarity helps.  Please label the forums and give us an easy path, right?  That is what needs to be done.  For the issues i find, the answers arent going to be found in canned FAQs usually.  I need to get to the forums and get answers, not spend all the hours trying to get my messages in. Anyway, i have the Fios forum location saved and now i can get to the wireless forum through the fios account page.  That is progress.  Progress is good. Takes work. Thanks.

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gcville wrote:

If there is a way to get to the fios community forum from main account page, please let me know.

No, I don't think so. Like I said in the last post, you can access the Forums from Fios support pages. The idea is to let customers to read the official support articles first before coming over to the Forums. You can get help on things beyond the scope of the official Fios Support on the Forums (port forwarding, bridging routers, MoCA adapters, static routing, static NAT...), but there are some troubleshooting widgets available exclusively on the official support pages.

@gcville wrote:

at the top, name them Verizon Wireless community Forum or Verizon FIOS community forum

The naming is complicated. This forum is technically called Verizon Fios Community Forums, yet we do copper, home accessories, and general networking help too. The other forum is just called Verizon Community (?). They do Personal wireless devices, mobile phones, LTE/5G Home Internet, and LTE/5G Accessories.

The line becomes blurred for home networking devices. If you are connecting some home network accessories (like Google router, or Orbi) to Verizon Fios/5G/LTE router, technically both forums can help. It really comes down to how the Internet is delivered to your home determines whether you should go to the Fios or Wireless forum.

@gcville wrote:

For the issues i find, the answers arent going to be found in canned FAQs usually.

Ok. What issues do you have? You are welcome to post them in Fios Internet discussion board.

0 Likes
gcville
Contributor - Level 3

I am good now and I have explained how to get to the wireless community forum for everyone (from the main FIOS account page). I still think that once in those forums, they should have a title up top so the user can quickly check which one they are in, but no big deal I guess.  I always wonder why it doesnt say what it is up top. Thanks for your help. I have spent enough time on this one and now i can actually get to posting issues that come up and get them resolved or at least get them visible. Have a good one!

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello. The Wireless Community is relocated to community.verizon.com

So, I guess it is better to have a side bar that can take you directly to the other community and vice versa.

So to summary:

Fios/Wireline/General Networking: forums.verizon.com 

Wireless/5G/LTE/Smart Phones: community.verizon.com 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I never noticed that the Verizon Wireless Community forum changed their name to the Verizon Community. I can see how that could be confusing.

As for merging the two back together, that could be interesting. I can see both positives and negatives for the idea. The split originally happened in mid 2010. Several of the active users at that time didn't engage in the new wireless community mainly because those users were versed in the wireline side of the business. The active wireless users moved to the wireless community and then rarely visited the Fios forum in the years since. I happened to be one of those wireless users. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes