Why is there no posts regarding Verizon Service Status
CraigPeter1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's a wild idea for a communication's company's community post ... Communicate with it!  Right now I have no Verizon Wireless service, no TV, and no phone and I can find nothing anywhere about it!  Come on Verizon ... what's going on?  What's broke?  When is it going to be fixed?  I have no way to call you and you are making no attempt to communicate with your customers.  You have the worse reputation in the industry for customer service and  are currently proving all those opinions to be accurate! 

You are a communications company .... TRY COMMUNICATING!!

Re: Why is there no posts regarding Verizon Service Status
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Thank you for your feedback.  I will pass along this suggestion to the appropriate department.

0 Likes
solanocasa
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is no answer at all.  Please answer the question - why is there no message anywhere from Verizon about these problems ? 

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

I apologize, but unfortunately we cannot answer that question. A forum moderator’s job is to maintain the forum itself, so we are typically unable to access accounts or provide support information.  You will need to contact Verizon directly.

0 Likes
wheadlee1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon moderators be very slow to understand.  This wasn't feedback.  It is a question.  What is going on with the service in Northern Virginia?  If it is feedback you were looking for... Try this... Verizon customer service is terrible and the moderators don 't know what they are doing or how to deal with customer concerns or questions.

OTCM1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, this is simply mind boggling....  I'm glad my call to 911 for an ambulance was on Wednesday and I didn't have to call today!  I spent over an hour on Skype trying to get answers because my land line, my cell phone, and my TV are all down.  Not a thing mentioned anywhere on any of their web pages.   Oh, I did get an email from Verizon this morning that says,

Stay connected this summer with Verizon Wireless.

We're here to help you keep in touch with friends and family
while on-the-go this season.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@OTCM1972 wrote:

I agree, this is simply mind boggling....  I'm glad my call to 911 for an ambulance was on Wednesday and I didn't have to call today!  I spent over an hour on Skype trying to get answers because my land line, my cell phone, and my TV are all down.  Not a thing mentioned anywhere on any of their web pages.   Oh, I did get an email from Verizon this morning that says,

Stay connected this summer with Verizon Wireless.

We're here to help you keep in touch with friends and family
while on-the-go this season.

Not to defend Verizon here, and I suspect none of you will be satisfied with my effort here to explain a little bit, but I am still going to try. Smiley Very Happy

1) The Moderators here are exactly that - moderators. They are not Verizon employees, they are employees of Lithium who hosts the residential forums under contract to Verizon (at least that is my understanding). They do NOT have access to things like network status information. What they can do is forward requests and suggestions.

2) The Forums are for users to help other users, as stated all over the place here on the Forums, they are not for you to ask for help from Verizon. If you want to ask questions or communicate directly to Verizon for help, you need to contact Verizon directly: use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page, for example.

3) When I first got FiOS service seven years ago, Verizon DID have a network status web page:

http://wapp.verizon.net/systemstatus/status.asp

Unfortunately Verizon fairly soon just quit maintaining this page, now it appears to be totally gone.

4) Exactly two years ago yesterday I went on a crusade to try to get Verizon to provide system status information by creating a thread on the topic in a private area of the forums. A number of other Community Leaders chimed in, agreeing, and initially I got positive feedback that Verizon was working on something. I actually created a reminder in my calendar to update the thread weekly asking for an update, and I did that for several months. Unfortunately nothing ever came of it, they just wore me down by ignoring me. Smiley Mad

One reason I have heard given for Verizon not being willing to provide status information is that the information could be used against them by their competition. That could be true I guess, but my experience with FiOS is that it is so reliable that I think the general lack of failures being reported would be a good marketing tool. But what do I know.....

5) Just a comment about the post quoted above: I know you don't care, but that email you quote is from Verizon Wireless; FiOS and home phone is from Verizon, different companies, and there appears to be very little in common between them, so I suspect each company would need to create their own separate status sites.

6) One of the posts in this thread mentions being in Virginia; you do remember that there was some really nasty weather there last night don't you? This thread was started this morning, my guess is that maybe the outages are related to that weather?

OK, that is probably far more than you want to hear from me. I do still strongly believe that Verizon should create and maintain a system status page. And I hope the comments in this thread are taken to heart by Verizon. But you should really contact Verizon directly via phone and/or live chat asking for some kind of status site, and you should create a suggestion in the Idea Exchange if you have not already done so (and if you will search there first, there have been suggestions for creating a status page posted there previously).

I hope maybe this helps just a little bit. 

Keller, TX 76248

smyl

Thanks, Justin. No need to shoot the messenger.  Google has a status page for all their apps. which I've found very useful. I wonder if Service Electric Cable has one?

0 Likes