Why the bleep do you bleep out bleeping naughty words?
rellim5
Enthusiast - Level 2

Your policy of bleeping out relatively inoffensive words like **bleep** and **bleep** seems bleeping prissy and silly. I know you are a major corporation and must deal with middle America, where people are often hypocritical and narrow minded, but your refusal to allow the full throated language of real people seems a paroxysm of bleeping foolish political correctness. I can see the necessity of bleeping out truly vulgar, offensive language, hate speech, and language that might really injure people. But your bleeping bleep policy seems to be treating your users like children, not the adults they are..Get real!! People will respect you more if they feel you are not just another {please keep your posts courteous} corporate entity.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why the bleep do you bleep out bleeping naughty words?
fttp4me
Contributor - Level 1

Educated people should have a respectable enough vocabulary that they do not need to use words that have to be "bleeped" out.  IMO it is silly rants like this one that are starting to ruin this board.  The intent of the idea exchange was for useful ideas that can improve the service.  Now with posts like these its just turning into any other forum board.

rellim5 wrote:
 People will respect you more if they feel you are not just another {please keep your posts courteous} corporate entity.

People will respect YOU more if they feel you are not just another dirty mouthed complainer.  

Verizon could implement your idea and then there will be another post by someone complaining that a word offensive to them has been used, and it will be impossible to make everybody happy.  So arguing over this "idea" is not something I think Verizon should waste time or resources on when there are plenty of other more practical suggestions out there.