can't log in to my original forums account

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: can't log in to my original forums account

Message 51 of 57
(9,542 Views)

I have a major problem with logging in and can't find out or think what might have caused this.

A couple of weeks ago, I tried to log onto the forum only to find out that I was banned from the website.  however, I have never flamed anyone or used profanity in any of my posts.  I was a silver contributor in the android forums, screen name: willanaya.

I had not been on the site for a while before I tried to log on because my work schedule had been chaotic.

It was a total surprise to me.  now to be honest, I did use some dry humor for levity but nothing derogatory.  for instance, one of my last posts was responding to someone who wanted to know if there was a way to make the fonts bigger on the droid.  i responded, in jest, that i solved the problem by holding my droid closer to my face.  to say the least, i was edited, but i meant it as humor.

just shortly before i tried logging on i did factory reset my Dell xps m1530. wiping everything to get rid of, what i believed was a virus.  then i tried to log on to this website and that is when it said i was banned from the site.

now what was strange was that when i attempted to log back on, then notified i was banned, i closed all my windows, restarted my laptop, got back on the site as a guest and noticed that under the "Users Online" was my name, willanaya!  if i am banned, what is my name doing there?  no one knows my password.

it took me some time to get to silver contributor and i would like to maintain my original username, can y'all please help?

just check out my past posts and you will see that i provided help those new to the andoid/droid system and refrained from the vulgar remarks that most of us have seen used on this board but quickly removed by the moderators.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 52 of 57
(9,520 Views)

will987 --

Please check your Private Message Inbox. It should look like this -->>

Thank you

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 53 of 57
(9,084 Views)

Hi KaLin,

The same thing happened to me, but I haven't logged in for a long time so I didn't notice until now.  My SN was Paleogirl2003, I was a nickle contributor with four kudos. I never received any message indicating I would be banned from doing something - I never did anything inappropriate in the forum.

I last tried logging in last night, which is when I received the message.  Yet when I look under my user name profile, it actually says I logged in at 11:58 last night! Can you please resolve this issue for me?

I created this account for my mom so she could get questions answered about her enV2, so I used it to login temporarily since I did not get any help by emailing verizon customer service (they just emailed me the terms of use, which I read and definitely did not violate). 

I would greatly appreciate your help with resolving this matter as I have been a loyal VZW customer for years and I really enjoy helping people use their moto droid, as well as get help myself if need be.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

Kelly

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 54 of 57
(9,074 Views)

Hi mawfran,

Try your original account now.  It's not clear if the registration expired or if the software banned you when you opted out of email notifications.  Let me know if you're successful or not.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Highlighted
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 55 of 57
(9,060 Views)
Thanks! You rock!!!
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 56 of 57
(7,562 Views)

OK ... now I have this problem.

Verizon "converted" me to the new "Verizon 2.0" experience and in the process "invalidated" my old login.   Now I can't use the ID to login to my forums account!!!

How to I get my forums ID "lasagna" associated with my account again?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 57 of 57
(7,533 Views)

I am having a peculiar issue. Whenever Verizon's forums log me out (after awhile they just do, it's a feature most forums have and doesn't bother me), I go to log back in and can't. It says my username or password is incorrect. So, the first time this happened, I assumed I forgot my password and followed those steps. I did so and got a new password, made sure I remembered which password I used and continued about my business. A few days later I was auto-logged again so I went to log back in with that password, only to be told it was incorrect.

Frustrated, I tried the password several times to no avail. Finally, on a hunch, I filled out the "lost password" info again and used the SAME EXACT password. And, voila, suddenly it worked! My password worked, I logged in. I was auto-logged again a few days later and once again I got the "invalid username or password" error. I followed the steps again to change the password, used the SAME PASSWORD and it worked.

I have no clue why it's doing this, but it's causing me to go through several steps every time I log in when I should be able to just log on. Help?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.