Switch Account

can't log in to my original forums account

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

can't log in to my original forums account

Message 1 of 57
(21,245 Views)

When I try to use my original forums account it says the user id and password combination is incorrect. If I enter my user id and say I forgot my password it says the account is not active and to please activate the account.

56 REPLIES 56
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Re: can't log in to my original forums account

Message 2 of 57
(21,238 Views)

Hi . . . gez, that's a bummer.   Hopefully, one of the moderators will see this and see if they can re-activate your original log on information and restore you back.   Try shooting one of them a Private Message 🙂

dancingphone.gif

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Message 3 of 57
(21,236 Views)
We are aware of the login issues affecting some users and are working on getting the problem resolved as quickly as possible.  Thanks for your patience.
Message Edited by KaLin on 05-14-2009 06:42 PM

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 4 of 57
(21,261 Views)

Hang tight  . . . help is on the way!

dancingphone.gif

Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 5 of 57
(21,227 Views)

I am in the same boat.  I can't logon and no one in the chat service or e-service center ever heard of this site or knows how to address. 

Please post when a fix is in place.

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus

Message 6 of 57
(21,242 Views)
One of the Forum admin's should be able to help you out, just hang tight.
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 57
(21,198 Views)
Well I guess I will use this account for now. I tried today to log into my original forums account and couldn't. So, I guess I am a newbie againSmiley Sad 
Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 8 of 57
(21,195 Views)

Well that shouldn't happen either.   If they can't restore you're original membership, then at a minimum they should restore your ranking.   It should be easy to just look at the archives and find your original name .  .  . the post count and ranking and restore at least that much to you now.    It means something when you've invested some time here and helped others or asked really good questions.   I'm sure these folks are going to make this right one way or another.    They said they would and I know they will because they're cool  . . . Smiley Very Happy

dancingphone.gif

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 57
(21,182 Views)

The problem with using a different acct. is the "email me when someone replies" becomes useless.  You can't sign up for a different acct. and use the same email address.  Real frustrating. 

I did send a note to two of the admin's but haven't heard anything back.  

Highlighted
Gold Contributor IV
Gold Contributor IV

Message 10 of 57
(21,175 Views)

Absolutely correct, that suggestion is clearly a distant "second" option for that reason and a host of others that are related to it.   I think we're all hoping they're able to restore all the original accounts.  However, it "may" come to pass that they are gone.   In THAT event if they can at least restore people to the ranking they had before then it won't be a total loss but even that may not be possible.   There's not too much more we can do other than give this a little more time.

Just to keep things in perspective, this is a relatively new forum where things are still being adjusted.   I belong to a photography forum where many YEARS of members postings and data suddenly got lost and even the backup got corrupted and would not restore!   The web master there was sick with grief and heard a barrage of complaints from many hundreds of people.   I felt really bad for him but that's life and he had to just start anew and go forward with what he had.   We all learned to just accept it and move forward.   I'm hoping that's not the case here, but if it is . . . and this too shall pass and we'll all be OK.

dancingphone.gif

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.