Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get gifts fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same-day delivery.

can't log in to my original forums account

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: can't log in to my original forums account

Message 21 of 57
(14,690 Views)

Add mine (jayinpa).  Can I just say how frustrating it is to read a post from a moderator saying "post here if you're having login problems" when you're having log in problems?? Which of course means that you can't log in, so you can't post anywhere.

Incidentally I was never able to successfully create a new account on my normal browser (safari) and only got this far via firefox. Further, when using Safari I am able to set up an account, I get an email with a 3 digit code, I follow the link to enter the code and the next screen after entering it is "loginfailure". Change password, same answer. Go to firefox, try to log in with this new name and password and get an entirely different screen  which asks me to select a name and enter an email address.This email address can't be the one I registered with though (I assume because it was the one I used for the Jayinpa name). Frustrating is the word I think.

Message Edited by jenniferpa on 05-26-2009 10:11 AM
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 22 of 57
(14,755 Views)

@Kathleen wrote:
My apologies for this late reply.  We are currently looking into the issue and trying to resolve it as we speak.  Hang tight.  I'll give you an update after a meeting later today to discuss why this issue is occurring.  

Has anyone heard any results of the May 18th meeting?  The only post I have seen is from another frustrated user. Smiley Mad

If this problem is being resolved on an individual basis, how do we know if we have fallen through the gaping hole? Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 23 of 57
(14,746 Views)
And now I seem to have lost access to the jenniferpa account (2 posts up). Honestly - this is ridiculous. I suspect my problem may not be like everyone elses but it's jolly frustrating whatever it it, particularly as there is no one who apparently is prepared to take responsibility for or provide support to this website. And I'll say it again - it is stupid to ask people to post if they have log in problems: if you can't log in you can't post and it really makes your blood pressure rise to read that 😄
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 24 of 57
(14,927 Views)

Hello jenniferpa1...and 2....and....

I feel your pain, I really do. Because I too lost my original moderaton name to the sign in issue.

Please believe me that they are working on this constantly. Right now, my nickname is being used as a guinea pig to try and resolve the problem, since I can be contacted frequently to try various options. This saves us from bothering the board users such as yourself, who are frustrated when trying to access the discussions.

Unfortunately, right now the only option is to register a new name, similar to your first one, and use an alternate email, as chances are the system will reject the email ID if you try to use the same email for a second name.  Then please come and post here to let us know you have lost a second name, or your password does not work, etc. The more information the board tech people have, the more chances there are of resolving it.

Regards,

ElizabethSl

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 25 of 57
(15,029 Views)

I suppose my concern is that further up this thread it was implied that this is being fixed on a case by case basis. Now I suspect there are a lot of people who simply don't have the tenacity to continue to register over and over again to tell you they've lost their log in names. Hopefully if there ever is a fix it will be global rather than specific so that those people like me, who only use the forum sporadically can assume that eventually the system will be fixed and they don't have to fight to reregister. Frankly the whole thing has left me without the will to live (or at least reregister when tomorrow I find I can't use this name).

Incidentally - you might want to consider "buying" forum software - I'm a moderator of a forum that uses vbulletin and I've never lost MY moderator name 😄

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 26 of 57
(14,924 Views)
So what's the status? Apologies aren't going to cut it at this point. I've had to jump through hoops and use 3 different browsers before, by luck, verizon even let me VIEW the forums for help and didn't redirect me to http://community.vzw.com/vrzn/set_login trying to make me make another login. You can't even try to sign it or view the forums at this point, they all get redirected there. It is not hard to make a basic forum, there is no excuse for a major ISP to not be able to provide a usable one, and there can't be anybody actually working on this problem. There just can't be or else it would have been fixed. It's a basic staple of the internet since it was started. Just delete my old user name so I can create and use my normal email address again, add a sign in link to EVERY verizon page, and problem solved.
Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 27 of 57
(14,818 Views)

I was encouraged at first when I read that they were aware of this problem and that it was being worked on but as the weeks went by and I still have not been able to sign in w/my original user name & password, I went ahead and created another just so I could add my account to the list of those who are having trouble.

You know, it doesn't make much sense to tell people to post if they are having sign in trouble if they can't sign in.Smiley Sad

My original account user name is "sister".

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 28 of 57
(14,764 Views)
Any new status on this?  I'm on a second account now and do not get notifications of updates since I was unable to use my email address.   It's great verizon has these open forums, but they really need to get userid/logon issues fixed promptly otherwise no one will be able to post.  My FIOS triple package is great ...all but this forum and well the inaccurate TV guide information.  BTW my old userid is "vx8360 owner".
Message Edited by thetick on 06-22-2009 07:43 AM
Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 29 of 57
(14,637 Views)

Elizabeth,

I too have lost my original login "CyberJT". Is there some sort of PUBLIC contact email address for the "Forums Community Support Team" or at least some type of feedback web form that would get back your way? We can only go through so many different emails or different combinations trying to login. Unfortunately, there is no easy way for those locked out of this forum to get their information back to your group to be cleared up. Smiley Sad Not even the (My)Verizon/VerizonWireless.com Customer/Technical Support knows of any way to get a message to your group. 

Message Edited by Jefster on 06-29-2009 05:07 PM
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 30 of 57
(14,353 Views)

Same thing has happened to me; when I put in my original screen name and email address it tells me that email is already being used by another account................what?!?!?

Had to use a sub-account email address and a new screen name. Is there ANY way to reset the original account? I spent way too much time trying to work it out, and I won't get notification of replies unless I chelog in to msub account--PAIN!!!

BTW, my old screen name was "JNTDPT". 

Message Edited by blondie on 07-20-2009 06:19 PM
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.