Re: can't log in using forum name/password
Justin46
Legend

@mustbjones wrote:
I still can't get the forum login to work.  I type my forum unser name in, then my password, then check the forum user box, then click the Enter button.  I then get cycled back with the user name/password error.  I have to log into my regular verizon account then switch to the forums.  I am using Firefox 3.0.9.

So do I, so I just never check the Forum User box and I am able to log in just fine. Also using Firefox, but 3.0.7.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Justin wrote:

@mustbjones wrote:
I still can't get the forum login to work.  I type my forum unser name in, then my password, then check the forum user box, then click the Enter button.  I then get cycled back with the user name/password error.  I have to log into my regular verizon account then switch to the forums.  I am using Firefox 3.0.9.

So do I, so I just never check the Forum User box and I am able to log in just fine. Also using Firefox, but 3.0.7.

Keller, TX 76248

Same here....I'm using Firefox 3.0.9.

0 Likes
mustbjones
Enthusiast - Level 2
I WAS able to log into the forums just now using my verizon account name and password.  So, I gues this means the problem is sort of solved.
0 Likes
mustbjones
Enthusiast - Level 2
Well I just tried to log in again and got the "no zipcode" message.  Had to log into my verizon account then move to the forums.
0 Likes
mustbjones
Enthusiast - Level 2
I think the issue comes down to clicking on the Sign In button vs. using the Return or Enter key.  The keys don't work.
0 Likes
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes, you definitely have to click the sign in button and not just press the Return/Enter key.
0 Likes
lrsachs
Enthusiast - Level 3
BTW, for the moderators out there, the ideal scenario which is missing here is called SSO or single sign-on.  Sign in to a system once and you're authenticated to sign in everywhere.  I know it's hard to implement, but if you can ask the powers that be "forum desperately needs SSO" they might get it.  thanks!
0 Likes
nmilot
Contributor - Level 1

I just ran into this problem for the first time.  How annoying, took me 15 minutes to figure it out.  I see this thread was started three months ago.  Does it really take that long to fix Verizon?  Is anyone out there even listening?  Jesus.

On a separate note, I have been on hold for 50 minutes waiting to get through to someone to fix my media manager.  Unbelievable.

0 Likes