Switch Account

can't log in using forum name/password

can't log in using forum name/password

Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III
Message 11 of 18
(8,791 Views)

@mustbjones wrote:
I still can't get the forum login to work.  I type my forum unser name in, then my password, then check the forum user box, then click the Enter button.  I then get cycled back with the user name/password error.  I have to log into my regular verizon account then switch to the forums.  I am using Firefox 3.0.9.

So do I, so I just never check the Forum User box and I am able to log in just fine. Also using Firefox, but 3.0.7.

Keller, TX 76248

Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 12 of 18
(8,784 Views)

@Justin wrote:

@mustbjones wrote:
I still can't get the forum login to work.  I type my forum unser name in, then my password, then check the forum user box, then click the Enter button.  I then get cycled back with the user name/password error.  I have to log into my regular verizon account then switch to the forums.  I am using Firefox 3.0.9.

So do I, so I just never check the Forum User box and I am able to log in just fine. Also using Firefox, but 3.0.7.

Keller, TX 76248

Same here....I'm using Firefox 3.0.9.

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 13 of 18
(8,777 Views)
I WAS able to log into the forums just now using my verizon account name and password.  So, I gues this means the problem is sort of solved.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 14 of 18
(8,775 Views)
Well I just tried to log in again and got the "no zipcode" message.  Had to log into my verizon account then move to the forums.
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor
Message 15 of 18
(8,757 Views)
I think the issue comes down to clicking on the Sign In button vs. using the Return or Enter key.  The keys don't work.
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 16 of 18
(8,752 Views)
Yes, you definitely have to click the sign in button and not just press the Return/Enter key.
Copper Contributor lrsachs
Copper Contributor
Message 17 of 18
(8,745 Views)
BTW, for the moderators out there, the ideal scenario which is missing here is called SSO or single sign-on.  Sign in to a system once and you're authenticated to sign in everywhere.  I know it's hard to implement, but if you can ask the powers that be "forum desperately needs SSO" they might get it.  thanks!
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I
Message 18 of 18
(8,451 Views)

I just ran into this problem for the first time.  How annoying, took me 15 minutes to figure it out.  I see this thread was started three months ago.  Does it really take that long to fix Verizon?  Is anyone out there even listening?  Jesus.

On a separate note, I have been on hold for 50 minutes waiting to get through to someone to fix my media manager.  Unbelievable.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.