how do I get to private mail from the forum?
Merthiolate
Enthusiast - Level 3
This forum is really lame. I don't see a way to read my private forum messages. It ought to be on the main forum page. I'm not about to go exploring the entire site to see me messages. This forum sucks as does the entire verizon web site!
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I get to private mail from the forum?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

You need to be signed in (your screenshot shows you logged out).  If it still isn't visible go to My Settings > Preferences > Private Messenger, and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Turn on private messages."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

The envelope on the upper right of your screen turns gold when you have a message. It's easy to see!

stevemann1
Enthusiast - Level 3

NO!  It is not.

If it were that easy then why are there dozens of "where is my message icon" questions on the forum?

You were kind enough to respond to my comment and I received this email:

" You have received a private message in the Verizon Forums from: ElizabethS with the subject line: Firewall is blocking......
Private messages are located at the envelope icon on the upper right-hand side of the community. "

So, I have spent the past half-hour searching for the elusive envelope icon, and it's nowhere to be found.

It is simply not there.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi stevemann,

The Private Message icon is located at the top right corner of the page, just below the red search button. 

It should look like this -->>

0 Likes
stevemann1
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, it is not.

Here's a screenshot of that area:

I've refreshed the page, I've logged out and back in, I've gone to other pages and returned. The icon is not there.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

You need to be signed in (your screenshot shows you logged out).  If it still isn't visible go to My Settings > Preferences > Private Messenger, and make sure there is a checkmark next to "Turn on private messages."

0 Likes
stevemann1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Now I see the confusion. At the top, I *am* logged in to Verizon - it even says "Hi Steve". But it is not at all clear that I also have to sign on to the forums separately.

FIOSDOBO
Enthusiast - Level 1

almost 4 years later and Verizon still can't fix that issue... Verizon does not care.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old and the information is out of date, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes