new forum topic suggestion
jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

suggestions for topic items:

"Media/Apps" under "Wireless Plans & Features"

"Multimedia Phones" under "Mobile Devices" - some folks are easily confused with their mobile device, and often ask questions about non-smartphones in the smartphone thread

Re: new forum topic suggestion
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

@jmcohen23 wrote:

suggestions for topic items:

"Media/Apps" under "Wireless Plans & Features" - This I agree with - or perhaps Data Packages, so to be consistent with the Voice/Calling plans, and Texting/Messaging boards, add Data packages/Applications.

"Multimedia Phones" under "Mobile Devices" - some folks are easily confused with their mobile device, and often ask questions about non-smartphones in the smartphone thread  And vice versa, blackberry and smartphone under the General devices,  I'm not sure that making more categories would improve anything.  People will still be confused; if they don't know NOW what type device they have, more categories to choose from likely won't help. Even I am confused at times if a phone is considered a "simple feature phone"  or a "multimedia device"!!  I honestly think that would end up with more confusion and cross posting than we get now....I really do.

Just my thoughts.....

jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

so does VZ actually takes these suggestions under advisement, or this just a place for users to vent? - kinda like yelling at a brick wall....

I really think having an thread dedicated to APPs will help bring more awareness (and perhaps contain reviews as well) to products offered by VZW.

It's actually in VZ's best interest to do so.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

All suggestions made are forwarded for consideration. Thanks for your contributions! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

If yelling at a brick wall makes you feel better.Smiley Very Happy

Yes from the response Verizon does listen.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

@ElizabethS wrote:

All suggestions made are forwarded for consideration. Thanks for your contributions! Smiley Happy

I disagree. Doesn't seem that way. I posted a few good suggestions and all have ignored. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

They are indeed, forwarded by the moderation staff.

0 Likes
streetdocrn1961
Contributor - Level 3

jm,

All suggestions, especially from regular users like yourself, are looked at by the Verizon "higher-ups."  As a matter of fact, I have seen a couple of suggestions myself and made sure they were noticed by some of the other moderators and staff.  By having community members like you and others participating and offering suggestions, that is the only way these forums can become a great resourse for Verizon users to turn to for help.  I, for one, am glad users like yourself and TheGreatOne and a few others are regular members who seem to want to make these forums the best they can be.  Anyways, I hope this give you a little peace of mind that suggestions are ignored.  By the way, I love the Yogi Berra line on your post. 

Sincerely,

Doc

jmcohen231
Contributor - Level 3

@StreetDocRN wrote:

jm,

All suggestions, especially from regular users like yourself, are looked at by the Verizon "higher-ups."  As a matter of fact, I have seen a couple of suggestions myself and made sure they were noticed by some of the other moderators and staff.  By having community members like you and others participating and offering suggestions, that is the only way these forums can become a great resourse for Verizon users to turn to for help.  I, for one, am glad users like yourself and TheGreatOne and a few others are regular members who seem to want to make these forums the best they can be.  Anyways, I hope this give you a little peace of mind that suggestions are ignored.  By the way, I love the Yogi Berra line on your post. 

Sincerely,

Doc

thanks Doc.

however, it would be nice if there was some sort of feedback or follow-up.  one reason why me and me team are successful (at my place of employment) is b/c we stress following up heavily on our day-to-day operations - this prevents requests from falling through the cracks and keeps our customers satisfied.

I certainly understand that not every suggestion is going to be helpful (or even reasonable), but at least some type of response from a VZ moderator would be a step in the right direction (and not just a blow-off "we'll look into it" as most companies do).

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

A moderator's job is only related to the running of the forum. We take note of every suggestion made, but as they are then fowarded to various departments at Verizon, that is as far as we can comment on them. We do not have access to what or by who they were discussed, or what their status may be.

0 Likes