"PREVIEW' button, loses text, does nothing, why?
Pstreicher11
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since this has just happened to me now, again, and in the past, I've decided to try and suggest to Verizon to look into this. Maybe we have a problem here or maybe it's me. I type in my text to a new post and click on 'Preview' and I'm taken to the page I was already on showing all the comments listed but I find no preview of what I just wrote. To top it off, when I click the back arrow I go back to the same page I was just put on but with the box at the bottom offereing me a chance to post a message again.

It's such a smack in the face when you've just typed in a lot of text trying to help people with their problems here only to lose it all in a click of the mouse. I think I've just put almost 30 minutes into this community this morning and It's more than I've wanted to allow. So, Verizon, if you'r up to the challenge....I'm not going to try and preview this message. I'm just going to click 'Post' and be done with it.

0 Likes
Re: "PREVIEW' button, loses text, does nothing, why?
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Seems to be working for me. It just reloads that section of the page though, not the whole thing. We are talking about the Preview tab next to the HTML tab whe composing a comment, right?

0 Likes
Re: "PREVIEW' button, loses text, does nothing, why?
Justin46
Legend

@Pstreicher1 wrote:

Since this has just happened to me now, again, and in the past, I've decided to try and suggest to Verizon to look into this. Maybe we have a problem here or maybe it's me. I type in my text to a new post and click on 'Preview' and I'm taken to the page I was already on showing all the comments listed but I find no preview of what I just wrote. To top it off, when I click the back arrow I go back to the same page I was just put on but with the box at the bottom offereing me a chance to post a message again.

It's such a smack in the face when you've just typed in a lot of text trying to help people with their problems here only to lose it all in a click of the mouse. I think I've just put almost 30 minutes into this community this morning and It's more than I've wanted to allow. So, Verizon, if you'r up to the challenge....I'm not going to try and preview this message. I'm just going to click 'Post' and be done with it.

I use the Preview tab every so often, have not had that problem. But a couple things:

1) When you are creating a post, the editor every so often does an autosave. If you look just above the Quote button you should see "Autosaved at xx:yy zz" So if you lose stuff at least theoretically you should be able to get it back.

2) If you are having that problem, why not just copy what you have to the Windows Clipboard first (assuming you are using Windows, if it is an Apple I have no idea what the command would be)? Just do Ctl-C, do the preview, if it screws up, then re-start the editor and use Ctl-V to put back what you lost.

But again, I don't experience what you describe, works fine for me. Maybe if you give us more info on the environment you have (operating system, browser, etc.) someone can reproduce the problem, or give some aditional advice.

Keller, TX 76248