All scheduled and series not recording on QIP-7232 2 Multi-Room DVR
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3

For the past several days, my DVR won't record any shows scheduled - series or individual shows.

In the DVR history, each show shows an explamation mark wrapped in a blue triangle.  The detailed message states "this program did not record. The recording was canceled when the channel was changed.

Nobody is changing the channel.  I've tried testing a recording and standing in front of the receiver when the program was to record - stll same things.

The DVR has been rebooted; in home Agent run multiple times and to no avail.  All network and status information checkout fine.  Router has been rebooted, disconnected, etc.  Again - nothing changed and miracuously I now have this issue.

In the past several months I've spend about 8+ hours on the phone with DVR, STB related issues.  I'm at the end of my FioS experiment - which has been in my home for 3+ years now.  With DirecTV and Tivo I had 10 years of flawless service.  I long for those days.

0 Likes
Re: All scheduled and series not recording on QIP-7232 2 Multi-Room DVR
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

0 Likes
cicorias
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm well aware of the avenues for obtaining support.  But, support is horrible through Verizon.  You wait sometimes an hour for a human.  They put you through all their diagostic steps to no avail.  And, then they just replace the receiver.

When I ask them to send a tech to the location - they have no response.

Their equipment stinks, their service stinks. 

You've added no value to the question.  I had hoped some other poor fool like me had a similar issue and was able to self-fix it, becuase Verizon surely can't.

0 Likes
Joelfreak
Enthusiast - Level 1
This has been happening to me as well for the past 2 days.
Mev72
That is happening to me as well and it's annoying. I too was hoping someone would post a solution
0 Likes
Mev72
I did a quick fix online and it looks like it fixed the issue for me but I'll keep you posted
0 Likes
Saveglamis
Where is this quick fix? I have been having the same issue for a few days, the worst part is that it records all my kids shows without any problems, I called tech support, rep said he had never heard of the issue, put me on hold while he talked to tier 2. Asked me a few questions like did I make sure my shows were higher priority, I told him to let me talk to tier 2 because I didn't need an inept middleman. He transferred me to his supervisor, not a tier 2 rep, who said he was aware of the issue, and that it had to do with a national network upgrade, and the official answer is "a fix will be released first part of the year". Hopefully this is monitored by a vz employee so they aren't surprised by the California puc complaint I will file if not cleared by tomorrow.
0 Likes
tanyarachel1

we are also having the same problem and would love to know if there is a fix out there---service has been of no help.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
FYI - I can only check repair visits with www.verizon.com/repair I have tried every which way under the sun to schedule a repair visit, and I can't. that site doesn't let you make a repair visit.
0 Likes
cpa34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. I already had a TIVO DVR. I have been nothing but frustrated here. My 5 year-old TIVO series 3 is way better than this, because it works, everytime, no freezing, no weird skipping forward takes me back, no delay in letting me watch my recordings and beginning playback, and certainly no skipping all my recordings for no good reason. Not to mention that I can set things to record by keyword (so my Real Madrid games get recorded no matter what channel they are and what the channels call the program). I just ordered two more TIVOs, and two cable cards. As soon as those are installed, the dvr and set-top box they are replacing will be sent back. I am very busy, pay a lot for my tv and for this subpar DVR package and have no time for this nonsense.

0 Likes